How to Boot from CD

aRKay

I have a Dell D-600 running XP Pro and it was suggested I boot from
the Norton Ghost 10 CD. What key do hold down to boot from a CD?

db

you probably have to
modify your bios/cmos
settings to set the
cd as the boot device
instead of the harddrive.

afterwards, your pc will
pause at boot up and give
you the option to press any
key to boot from cd....

- db
I have a Dell D-600 running XP Pro and it was suggested I boot from
the Norton Ghost 10 CD. What key do hold down to boot from a CD?

Brian A.

aRKay said:
I have a Dell D-600 running XP Pro and it was suggested I boot from
the Norton Ghost 10 CD. What key do hold down to boot from a CD?

When booting with a Ghost v10 CD watch the screen for the prompt "Press any key to
boot from cd". You may have to set your CD drive in the BIOS as the first drive to
boot from if you don't get the prompt.
Or
If your motherboard/bios support it, press ESC or F10 during boot to bring up a
menu of boot drives to select from.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Katmandu

Ah....where's the ANY key located ??

Sorrry, I couldn't resist the temptation ! LOL !!!!

"db" <databaseben.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message you probably have to
modify your bios/cmos
settings to set the
cd as the boot device
instead of the harddrive.

afterwards, your pc will
pause at boot up and give
you the option to press any
key to boot from cd....

- db

Brian A. said:
When booting with a Ghost v10 CD watch the screen for the prompt "Press any
key to
boot from cd". You may have to set your CD drive in the BIOS as the first
drive to
boot from if you don't get the prompt.
Or
If your motherboard/bios support it, press ESC or F10 during boot to bring
up a
menu of boot drives to select from.

Brian,

It worked fine. The prompt "Press any key" only comes up when there is
a CD in the tray.

Thanks

aRKay