How to add PC to DHCP Enabled Domain

I am running W2K server as my domain server. There are DNS & DHCP servers
running on that machine. My DHCP Scope is 192.168.0.150 to 192.168.0.200. Now
I have added 45 machines to domain. when I went to add new machine to add the
my domain, then it gives error. It is no domain Controllers and somethine.
But when I put after static IP instead of IP address automatically, I can
add machine to my domain. I thought there is no enough scope of my DHCP. then
I incrase scope of DHCP scope 192.168.0.150 to 192.168.0.255. But my problum
cuoldn't be solve.
What can be the reason?

Dmitry Korolyov [MVP]

This can be resolved in two steps:
1. Verify that your problem actually comes from incorrect ip settings. Due
to lack of free addresses in DHCP scope, your PC might have gotten an APIPA
address (169.254.x.x). If that's the issue, proceed to step 2.
2. Release and renew the IP address either by typing
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
in the command prompt, or using "Repair" for the connection, if you have
WinXP boxes. Your PC should get the correct IP settings from the DHCP server
and work fine.

Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]

Dmitry,

I do not believe that using ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew will work
if the PC did not get an IP Address Lease from DHCP.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

WIN2000 Active Directory MVP
http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
(soon to be updated!!!)
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
(soon to be updated!!!)

Dmitry Korolyov said:
This can be resolved in two steps:
1. Verify that your problem actually comes from incorrect ip settings. Due
to lack of free addresses in DHCP scope, your PC might have gotten an
APIPA address (169.254.x.x). If that's the issue, proceed to step 2.
2. Release and renew the IP address either by typing
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
in the command prompt, or using "Repair" for the connection, if you have
WinXP boxes. Your PC should get the correct IP settings from the DHCP
server and work fine.

--
Dmitry Korolyov [[email protected]]
MVP: Windows Server - Directory Services

"Umesh N Karunaratne" <Umesh N (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
I am running W2K server as my domain server. There are DNS & DHCP servers
running on that machine. My DHCP Scope is 192.168.0.150 to 192.168.0.200.
Now
I have added 45 machines to domain. when I went to add new machine to add
the
my domain, then it gives error. It is no domain Controllers and
somethine.
But when I put after static IP instead of IP address automatically, I
can
add machine to my domain. I thought there is no enough scope of my DHCP.
then
I incrase scope of DHCP scope 192.168.0.150 to 192.168.0.255. But my
problum
cuoldn't be solve.
What can be the reason?

Dmitry Korolyov [MVP]

Well, for APIPA-assigned addresses that worked for me.

--

wrote in message
I am running W2K server as my domain server. There are DNS & DHCP servers
running on that machine. My DHCP Scope is 192.168.0.150 to
192.168.0.200. Now
I have added 45 machines to domain. when I went to add new machine to
add the
my domain, then it gives error. It is no domain Controllers and
somethine.
But when I put after static IP instead of IP address automatically, I
can
add machine to my domain. I thought there is no enough scope of my DHCP.
then
I incrase scope of DHCP scope 192.168.0.150 to 192.168.0.255. But my
problum
cuoldn't be solve.
What can be the reason?

Enkidu

Dmitry said:
Well, for APIPA-assigned addresses that worked for me.
Are you sure? If a machine gets an APIPA-assigned address
and it is configured to use DHCP it will look for a DHCP
server every so often. I was also of the impression that you
cannot 'ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew' APIPA addresses.

If it acquired an address while you were doing the
release/renew it might appear that the release/renew had worked.

Cheers,

Cliff

Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I've a machine in my local domain A.
I connect this machine to VPN to get connected to Domain B.
Once i'm connect to VPN i'm on domain B.I can login to domain B with my User account(UA) on domain B.
This whole process automatically creates a user (UA) in documents and settings.

When the machine is disconnected from VPN and i try to login to machine, in logon to it shows 2 option "Logon to A and B".I can login as UA to B.
It gives message the logging u in based on you last login settings.

Now i want to delete local UA from machine.

I tried to delete it from Documents and Settings.No Go.
I tried to delete it from System Properties->Advanced->User Profiles. No Go
I even deleted registry entry for the user.
I tried to delete it in safe mode and safe mode in networking. :-(

These steps delete the user settings but when i try to login to UA (VPN Disconnected) it lets me login. Weird !!!.

Please Help...