How to access newsgroups

I use Microsoft Outlook Express to access my hotmail & I want to look at the
newsgroups that are available on the web. However when I try and setup a
newsgroup account in Outlook I do not know the entry to make in the "News
NNTP Server" box that is part of the account setup wizard - can you help?

Joseph Meehan

Graham said:
I use Microsoft Outlook Express to access my hotmail & I want to look
at the newsgroups that are available on the web. However when I try
and setup a newsgroup account in Outlook I do not know the entry to
make in the "News NNTP Server" box that is part of the account setup
wizard - can you help?

Sorry. This is the Microsoft Access Database newsgroup. It appears
your question is not related to that database. You are much more likely to
find someone with the answer if you post your question to a newsgroup
devoted to your subject Outlook Express.

Personally with my IP I just use the default values on that tab.

Brendan Reynolds

For the Microsoft-sponsored newsgroups, you can use news.microsoft.com. Your
ISP may also provide a news server which may carry other, non-Microsoft
newsgroups. Try your ISP's web page or tech support.

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
http://brenreyn.blogspot.com

The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible for
me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without
being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
a useable e-mail address at the URL above.