How much of a geek are you?

Reaction score
Decided i was going to do a bit of work on my flat since being made redundant last week. However, i spent the day at my parents and this evening i spent 20 minutes painting a table thinking what i wish to be doing on my PC. Think i need help lol

My IT Support job was my life :(

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey c'mon Andrew there are plenty more IT jobs out there mate just need to look in the right places thats all..

Get on the web mate and get your CV into some of the IT agencys..you'll be back into work before you know it..They are crying out for good IT professionals..

Reaction score
Come on Andy..Don't give up mate....There si still sh*t out ther e for you..YOu just have to put yourself out there for it....Hey check this out....At the begining I didn't know my job was coming to an end...Look at me now I work for myself...Not only doing computers, but gas to...OK I had a back up plan casue I was sick of bouncing and cooking...I think the moral is..Gt out there kid and look, and you will find....

Reaction score
Andrew C said:
My IT Support job was my life :(

OK normally i charge for this service but for you it's free, but only for today!
Presume you have the experience etc so give these people a ring HERE
They supplied a lot of contractors when i was working in IT in the NHS.

What IT qualifications etc have you got?

Reaction score
Always plenty to be getting on with whether i have a job or not. Today i've been choosing paint and a couple of new desks for my bedroom. Also seen a fridge i would like to purchase. Oh and then there is a TV i like haha - although i bought a 32"1020p around 2 months back. Think i need to limit myself what to spend! Only way or i'd replace everything and still want something new.. Not one to **** money up the wall, hence i have a little put by.

Waiting back from my local uni. One of my old lecturers may have something for me. Also, i had an interview there last week for a techie role. Had a couple of agencies too on the phone over the past couple of days so it's all good.

Been spending a little time with my parents over the past week or so. Appears i'm Mum's taxi while out of work lol. I don't mind really as i do spend most of my spare time there.

Reaction score
feckit said:
OK normally i charge for this service but for you it's free, but only for today!
Presume you have the experience etc so give these people a ring HERE
They supplied a lot of contractors when i was working in IT in the NHS.

What IT qualifications etc have you got?

Cheers, sent a copy of my CV.

MCITP - Enterprise Engineer (new MCSE)
SonicWall CSSA
BSc Degree - Information Systems
HND - Computer Studies
AGNVQ - Computer Studies
7 or 8 GCSEs, long time ago lol

Reaction score
Andrew C said:
Cheers, sent a copy of my CV.

MCITP - Enterprise Engineer (new MCSE)
SonicWall CSSA
BSc Degree - Information Systems
HND - Computer Studies
AGNVQ - Computer Studies
7 or 8 GCSEs, long time ago lol
Suggest you also have a look HERE
Or try local employment agencies, you have the qualifications & real time experience so someone will want you!
It may take time so keep yourself busy & DO NOT give up!!

Reaction score
feckit said:
Suggest you also have a look HERE
Or try local employment agencies, you have the qualifications & real time experience so someone will want you!
It may take time so keep yourself busy & DO NOT give up!!
Everybody who gets let go is bound to feel a little deflated mate,
Change is also terrible but try and reassure yourself your good at what you do and the right job will come along soon enough.Then ya won't get a minute to yourself. I live in dublin and they are screaming for techs all the time and check monster job. Iget mails from them at least 6 times a month looking for all sorts.
My advice is dont worry and rest up......maybe you needed a break.
:nod:

Ask a Question