How long does it take for your machin to boot up ?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi all.
Hopefully I have posted this in the correct place. After all it is in a way software related.
The question here is how long does it take for your machine to load/boot up to a point where you can actually click on whatever , lets say for instance Firefox so you can browse the internet.

Here are my times for my two machines. Both have the same software running except my Windows 7 machine which is my dual booter that I boot either W7 or Linux Mint.

Software/programs installed on both are as follows.

Photoshop
iTunes
Dynojet Power Commander
WAMP
Rapid PhP
Rapid CSS
LG Pc Suite

Of all of those programs LG PC Suite + iTunes + WAMP are the only ones that are running along with normal Windows processes when you start the machines up.

So here are my times I have which are from a blank screen till when I can actually click on something like FF and start browsing

Windows 7 = 35 seconds. I think this would be quicker had I not have to hit enter to choose which OS to boot into.
Windows XP = Spot on 1 minute.

Would be interesting to see other folks boot up times...
user.gif

Ask a Question