HOW DO I UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP???

Bob

Rather than go into a long dissertation and bore everyone
to pieces, is there anyone out there who can give me
advice as to how to UNinstall Windows XP? It was an
upgrade from the ME version.

Please respond directly to my email address.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Bob

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

If you chose the option when upgrading to keep the archived files for
WindowsME there will be an option in the Control Panel to uninstall XP and
revert to ME. If not, you must reformat the whole hard drive and install ME
clean.

No email responses. See: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

If you need support on a one to one basis then that's when you call
Microsoft and pay for support or contact your local support retailer.
Newsgroups are for the benefit of everyone who may have the same question as
you.

Cari
www.coribright.com

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

If your friend performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to
backup the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS,
then all he needs do is boot into Safe Mode and Start > Control Panel
Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions _must_ be met for the
uninstall option to be available.

Otherwise:

How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: