How do I run Outlook Express 6 in Vista

Oppy

I have been transfering my OE files between computers for years using OE. I
realize Windows Mail uses a different way of storing mail files so I can't
continue to transfer files between my WinXP and new Vista computer. Anyone
know how to install OE Version 6 on a vista machine?

Thank you.

dev

/Oppy/ said:
I have been transfering my OE files between computers for years using OE. I
realize Windows Mail uses a different way of storing mail files so I can't
continue to transfer files between my WinXP and new Vista computer. Anyone
know how to install OE Version 6 on a vista machine?

You can import from O.E.

FILE menu|IMPOORT|MESSAGES

Aasted

Importing files into Vista Mail does not work - it creates doublets and cannot be trustet when you have a lot of e-mailadresses in Outlook Express.

Why is it not possible simply to run the old Outlook Express under Vista - Why do these people make things so utterly complicated for us users???

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

...winston

OE is part of IE6(5 or 4).
Vista minimum Windows browser is IE7.
..winston

<Aasted> wrote in message : Importing files into Vista Mail does not work - it creates doublets and cannot be trustet when you have a lot of e-mailadresses in Outlook Express.
:
: Why is it not possible simply to run the old Outlook Express under Vista - Why do these people make things so utterly complicated for us users???
:
: EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Northville Dave

I'm able to run OE along with IE7 in on XPSP2 systems?????????????

OE is part of IE6(5 or 4).
Vista minimum Windows browser is IE7.
..winston

<Aasted> wrote in message : Importing files into Vista Mail does not work - it creates doublets and
cannot be trustet when you have a lot of e-mailadresses in Outlook Express.
:
: Why is it not possible simply to run the old Outlook Express under Vista -
Why do these people make things so utterly complicated for us users???
:
: EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

...winston

OE which was installed with IE6 was retained with an IE7 install. If it did
not, a lot(millions) of people would not have a mail client when IE7 was
installed manually or via Windows Update on and XP SP2 system. I'm sure
that was a bullet that Msft carefully and logistically planned to dodge when
IE7 was designed for use on XP<g>.

....winston

ps. Northville MI ?