How do I launch visio from a web page created by frontpage?

I have a simple hyperlink on a page that is linked to a visio .vst file
stored in the web folder for my site. When I click on the hyperlink, the
..vst file comes up, but it is being presented through the browser, not in
visio.

I tried adjusting the "configure editors" in the tools>options menu of front
page to include "Visio" as an editor for .vst and .vsd files pointing to
c:\program files\visio\visio32.exe. When I click on the hyperlink, two
sessions of visio come up with a message that says "file not found".

[Deep sigh] Help . . .

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Zip it or rightclick and choose to save it to disk.
Remember that only people that have Visio will be able to see it.
If it is intended for a larger audience you should choose to export it
as GIF in Visio.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

I'm using the webpage to deploy templates. So the assumption is that the
user attempting to use the template has Visio. The action I want is when the
hyperlink to the template is selected, Visio launches and loads up a new page
based on the template just as if the template had been selected in the
File>New drop down in Visio.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Zip it or rightclick and choose to save it to disk.
Remember that only people that have Visio will be able to see it.
If it is intended for a larger audience you should choose to export it
as GIF in Visio.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: How do I launch visio from a web page created
by frontpage?
Subject: How do I launch visio from a web page created by frontpage?

I have a simple hyperlink on a page that is linked to a visio
.vst file stored in the web folder for my site. When I click
on the hyperlink, the .vst file comes up, but it is being
presented through the browser, not in visio.

I tried adjusting the "configure editors" in the
tools>options menu of front page to include "Visio" as an
editor for .vst and .vsd files pointing to c:\program
files\visio\visio32.exe. When I click on the hyperlink, two
sessions of visio come up with a message that says "file not found".

[Deep sigh] Help . .

Stefan B Rusynko

Since it is a recognized mime type you can't for internet users
If it is for an intranet (where users can change their IE settings) see if below also works for Visio