How do I insert text in Christmas stationery?

B

billybob

I have a beautiful holly frame with texture in the BG. How does one insert text over the texture that allows it to show and not have a white text box BG?

I'm running XP Home

Word 2002

Thanks in advance!

A

Andy I.

Hi "billybob".

I would use "IrfanView". It's a great photo editor and more, and it's free!

In IrfanView | FILE | OPEN | bring up your graphic | click on it to select
it | OPEN | EDIT | INSERT TEXT INTO SELECTION | read instructions to create
"selection" | click OK | TYPE YOUR TEXT MESSAGE | EDIT | INSERT TEXT INTO
SELECTION | CHOOSE FROM THE OPTIONS (font, color etc.) especially TEXT IS
TRANSPARENT | OK | click anywhere outside the rectangle to get rid of the
lines.

Good Luck.
Andy I. (Let us know if it works.)

I have a beautiful holly frame with texture in the BG. How does one insert
text over the texture that allows it to show and not have a white text box
BG?

I'm running XP Home

Word 2002

Thanks in advance!

L

LVTravel

Better late than never.

Once you have your background on the page in the size and position you want, right click on the image and then left click on Format Picture. Next, click on the Layout tab. Click on the "Behind text? box then click on OK. You can now use the normal positioning controls on Word (tab, space, Enter) to position any text you want on the page. The only problem with this method is that if you accidentally click on the page where the image is located, and then hit the delete key, the image will vanish.

A second way of doing this to prevent the problem is to click on Header and Footer in the View menu. Insert the background in the header. Do the same right click and change it to Behind text as above. Close the header. Type to your hearts content.

I have a beautiful holly frame with texture in the BG. How does one insert text over the texture that allows it to show and not have a white text box BG?

I'm running XP Home

Word 2002

Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question