• Link from another Site

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it was about time for a change of Poll, and it would be interesting to know how people found this site in the first place :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I found the site when I had phone ordered a computer from a company that is now no more. There were numerous threads on this site and another regarding the company and people's experiences.

I stayed with PC Review because I found that people were genuinely caring and did not seem to mind how basic a question I asked whereas the other site most definately did and told ignoramuses like me in no uncertain terms!

I believe Ian and the mods have a very unique site here and one I am pleased to be a small part of.

The knowledge base of the 'regulars' is awesome and I do thank you all most sincerely for your knowledge, wisdom, wit and humour. There's always something new and entertaining to read :)

Gabs xx

Reaction score
You know what I cant actually remember, lol

I do remember sending Ian, a pm asking if you wanted help with reviews and stuff like that back in 2003 I think it was. If i remember correctly the site had not been up too long and you were still in the process of building it and smoothing out some glitches.

It was then at least 12months that I visited again and decided to make it a regular page. Here I am, you stuck with me now ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gabriella said:
I found the site when I had phone ordered a computer from a company that is now no more. There were numerous threads on this site and another regarding the company and people's experiences.

I stayed with PC Review because I found that people were genuinely caring and did not seem to mind how basic a question I asked whereas the other site most definitely did and told ignoramuses like me in no uncertain terms!

I believe Ian and the mods have a very unique site here and one I am pleased to be a small part of.

The knowledge base of the 'regulars' is awesome and I do thank you all most sincerely for your knowledge, wisdom, wit and humour. There's always something new and entertaining to read :)

Gabs xx
Rave review ... thanks.

IAN ... post gabs' reply on the front page.
nod.gif

:D

Oh, I answered "other" as I was born here. ;)

Reaction score
I cant remember:blush:
But i'm glad i did find it, would never have found such a nice bunch of people to help, offer advice and generally help on IT matters & life:D
Oh and of course i became a Cruncher:nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Typed " help me " in google when I had a pc problem . PC Review was the only link listed in the search . Guess this must be the best and only site for quality pc info .
nod.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I needed help, (some say i still do) Found the site through Google, PCR's members helped me and i stuck arund.

:)

Reaction score
I were just browsing and typed "any" in google > Lo and behold up pops a site called Pcreview, found it very interesting and informative! So here I am, I chose itsme as my handle why? you may ask>So`s I would know who I am Ummmmm.... Yep thats correct itsme alright:D
It`s the best forum on the net:nod: Aint no doubt about it:wave:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm fairly certain my being here is all down to google, iirc i wanted to know about building a PC then i think the reason i hung around was because i had another problem and knew how to help out some of the other members

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I too, am here by the grace of Google :bow: having entered a search when I was attempting to find out how to do something or other with my PC. One visit wasn't enough, because a casual browse around the site revealed so many interesting and helpful "goodies" of information, so it seemed like a good idea to become a member. This was the first forum that I'd ever posted on, so I felt terribly nervous about it - after all, what might seem like a reasonable question for me to ask, would probably be really elementary stuff to others :rolleyes: It is a confidence-builder not to be treated as a complete dummy, and I too greatly appreciate all the help received - plus the much-enjoyed humour which frequently makes me chuckle. A really super Forum. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
This was the first forum that I'd ever posted on, so I felt terribly nervous about it - after all, what might seem like a reasonable question for me to ask, would probably be really elementary stuff to others :rolleyes:

I can sympathise with that.

The first Forum I joined and posted on was an American based one named Icrontic (I do believe it's still going, though vastly changed). It was 1999 and Icrontic may still have been named Apu's Hardware.

I was building a system with a Duron 800 and an Abit KT7-A Motherboard and I couldn't get the motherboard to recognise my hard disks as I didn't understand the RAID concept/ports at all.

So I looked up Abit on the Net, they were closed for Christmas and they pointed me towards Icrontic.

I felt nervous about asking questions but the guys, mostly Americans, were great. I had my system up and running within an hour of joining the forum.

I was that impressed by the help I stuck around. And it was at that Forum I met Mucks :)

The rest, as they say, is history.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Via Google when my old printer needed a counter reset...got to know Mucks and Flops when i became a little irate ....learned me lesson though :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It was 1999. I was that impressed by the help I stuck around. And it was at that Forum I met Mucks :)

The rest, as they say, is history.
Blimey i knew hardly anything about pc's in 1999.
In fact some say (my boss) i still dont:lol:

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
My brother, and fellow member Pikakilla, he told me about this site.
I've no idea how he found it.

So it's all his fault.
nod.gif

Reaction score
Word of mouth from Murdoch, who found it out from Feckit.
Have found some good farming forums recently:nod:

Ask a Question