• None, I'm a beginner!

Votes: 69 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it was about time we had a new poll on the sidebar ;) It would be interesting to know if people have done any professional computer training, or if it's self taught.

Reaction score
I put Self taught but I have had other training aswell. Like maintenance courses and and stuff like that. Did them while I studied electronics...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Self taught. However, I enrolled for post graduation diploma in IT and completed 16 out of 24 subjects/exams over a period of 8 months in 2001 but but due to time constraints and work getting affected I dropped out and did not complete the Diploma.

Reaction score
NVQ2 in IT, a few Cisco courses & A+.
Prefer tutor led courses coupled with self study to gain certification.
nod.gif

Everyone has a different way to study, i find if i do something 3 or 4 times it sinks in.
I also like to do practical work whilst doing a course as this highlights areas that need more work done!

Reaction score
Me is self taught but I have had other training from this site> Mucks> FBS> Ian> Books> Web+++++++;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
mainly self taught, some of it came from the guys here and the rest from the internet. I do have an A-Level in computing not that i really needed it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A combination of self-taught and forum advice.

And having a City & Guilds Pt III qualification in Electronic Servicing helped.

An American named Ray showed me how to put together my first machine, a 386, and from there it was a learning process, mistakes and all.

Reaction score
1st PC i built i blew the motherboard with static!:blush:
Did not use anti-static kit & touched the motherboard!
Nowadays i'm better trained, i hope!

Reaction score
Self taught and CertIV - Have had a computer since they were small enough to carry home in 1983

Reaction score
Self taught... then various courses... then MCSE etc... then BSc Games Programming... now redoing/updating MSCE etc.
Did a CISCO cert during them somewhere.

Just shows you never stop learning.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
bog standard ECDL parts 1 and 2 ..oh and am not bad using Dreamweaver...for a novice :)

Reaction score
AE, SAME AS floppybootstomp LOL SELF TAUGHT AND GOOGLING UP SOME ADVICE IN FORUMS. BUT I HAVE NEVER ATTEMPTED TO PUT A COMPUTER TOGETHER NOTHING TOO HEAD PUMPING, JUST LIKE TO TYPE AND FIX ANY PROGRAMMING PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER IS ALL...

Reaction score
the divine miss m said:
AE, SAME AS floppybootstomp LOL SELF TAUGHT AND GOOGLING UP SOME ADVICE IN FORUMS. BUT I HAVE NEVER ATTEMPTED TO PUT A COMPUTER TOGETHER NOTHING TOO HEAD PUMPING, JUST LIKE TO TYPE AND FIX ANY PROGRAMMING PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER IS ALL...
And write in caps locked!:p

Reaction score
AGNVQ - Information Technology
HND - Computer Studie
BSc (Hons) - Information Systems
MCITP - Enterprise Engineer

Bit of a nerd!

However, 99% of what i know comes down to teaching yourself.

Next i think is Cisco :)

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Pretty much self taught and forum taught :) .

College education in Electronic Engineering Technology, took a website design course years ago and started the A+ certification course at one point although I never finished it due to lack of time
wallbash.gif
. I also worked in High Tech manufacturing for 9 years (built and tested circuit boards as well as supported the surface mount technology equipment). Here's a link to how motherboards are made:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1722

I was invloved with many part of that process for what seemed like a very long time supporting Fuji, Panasonic and Universal equipment.

All of that stuff gave me a solid background but I've learned so much from playing on my own and from other people at forums like this that it's unbelievable :) . Still learning and wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question