House work is ---------

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. You may well ask why I think that. Well me second Galaxy blew up and left me in a bit of a pickle. Nothing to do with housework you may think , but it has.

You see I resurrected me bicycle so I am not without transport of a kind. If I really really need to I guess I could ride it again, though after the try the other day I'm not so sure. Still that has nothing to do with housework or does it.

Abandoning the bicycle. I moved on to fixing the Rebel, it only needed a clean and a new fork seal. Ah ah so thats where the housework links to, well not quite, sponging down the dust of a bike and hoesing it down is not really anything like housework. So I gets the forks in bits, easy peasy. Had a spare seal and fork oil put by just for this type of ocassion. Forward planning that is. So what about the housework you ask , well I'm getting to it , don't rush me.

Fork almost back together when I came upon the gremlin in the job. You see I looked in the manual and it said I needed 238 cc of oil. Duh ! How on earth do I measure 238 cc of oil at 6.15 pm. No chance of getting to a shop as they are too far away an how do I get to em , not on the bicycle thats for super emergencies only. I have more respect for me bum and me legs and arms and hands and neck etc etc.

So I hunted high and lowfor whatever I used two years ago when I last did the fork seal. Shouldn't be too hard to find the whatever it was I used I thought. Guess what I was wrong, now that suprised me as I'm a tidy sort of chap and can usually lay me hand on anything if I'm looking for it.

So what has all this to do with housework. I'm just about to get to that part, now don't rush me.

You see I do me own housework, have done for a while now and that includes me laundry. This tale is more about laundry than housework but it didn't look so good as a thread starter so hence the housework. Back to the story. Now modern cleaning agents come in the good old fashioned powder which luckily for me I don't use. Not that it is any worse than the modern liquid I use it just takes up more room in the cupboard. I wish I had some powder though as it ain't half good mixed with a bit of washing up liquid for getting oil of your hands, better than Swarfega etc. Ok ok I'm back on track, now where was I ?

Ah yes . Liquid laundry soap. You see it comes in a bottle, no suprise there then, but it also comes with a little plastic dispenser bubble thingy. With, wait for it this is the punch line. Measure markings in milliliters. Bingo I had found the answer to me problem. The little balll thingy had a 55 ml and a 37 ml mark . So thats 4 x 55 mland 1 x half or nearly half of the 37 ml and thats just about spot on for the amount I needed. So thats what I did and the forks are now back on me bike and its of for its MOT tommorow.

Housework, you see, I go there in the end.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Ya really need to stop drinking that oil mate.....its turning you into a novelist.

Why didnt ya just fill it up till oil poured back out of the forks.??

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah, I got it.........Housework is WONDERFUL. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Why didnt ya just fill it up till oil poured back out of the forks.??

My thoughts entirely :lol:

There are two housework things I hate:

1) Ironing. Nuff said.

2) Changing the quilt set. This is SO hard, I usually end up wrestling with the damn thing or being strangled by a quilt cover.

Other than that, housework no bother me much :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
My thoughts entirely
laughingsmiley.gif

There are two housework things I hate:

1) Ironing. Nuff said.

2) Changing the quilt set. This is SO hard, I usually end up wrestling with the damn thing or being strangled by a quilt cover.

Other than that, housework no bother me much :)

I on the other hand find ironing quite relaxing and therapeutic especially if I'm listening to music at the same time..

Changing the quilt cover though especially on your own is a pig I must admit..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian - those little measuring "jug" things that come with washing powder, have lots of uses here too. For scooping birdseed and getting it into the wildbird food containers; watering houseplants (when I can't find my wee watering can) measuring plant-food, etc. Very handy.

Urgh. I hate ironing too. Nuff said is right :nod:

Duvet covers.... aww c'mon guys, use "the knack" and it's a doddle.

1. Have a clamp, peg, or some sort of grippy thing handy. With your duvet laying flat, grasp a corner of it.

2. Hanging on tightly to it, plunge your hand into the cover and, only concentrating on your hand and the corner it's grasping, take it all the way down to the corresponding top corner of the cover. (Don't worry about the rest just yet.

3. When you're at the corner, use your clamp (peg or whatever) to hold that corner in place whilst you go and do exactly the same thing on the other side.

4. With both corners in place, just east the middle bit into the opening of the cover, then grabbing both corners, shake it about a bit and voila! Just tuck in the bottom two corners and a bit more shaking, then you're done.

5. Give yourself a "Yeah... " whilst punching the air in that blokey slute thing, some of you like to do. :lol:

Oh, don't forget to remove the clamps - or risk getting a nasty poke in the eye during the night :nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
(when I can't find my wee watering can)

Ahah !! So that's what you use in your watering can. :p

I'm told it's very good for the plants. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Ahah !! So that's what you use in your watering can. :p

I'm told it's very good for the plants. :D

Its better used on the compost heap.
nod.gif

Flops and Z yous is real bodgers. :p

Reaction score
Calling me n Flops bodgers mate, some front alright....was it you that had the affair int kitchen making bacon sandwiches ???? Also how come the forks need doin over and over again....it might be a chelsea v manu final....good tip there Taffy, and psd99 when did someone call you cheeky cos i missed that and yes he is goin senile LOL
Zzzzz

Reaction score
I don't mind housework...We make it a fumn game and the whole family gets involved...As for the Duvet thing...I steer clear of that...Its tricky bussines, and best left to the missus..As for ironing..I had 8 years of Army and police service, so stay as far from the iron as possible..There again, I don't really wear anything that needs ironing..And on the slight chance I have to wear a suite, it gets sent to the dry cleaners the day before...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Calling me n Flops bodgers mate, some front alright....was it you that had the affair int kitchen making bacon sandwiches ???? Also how come the forks need doin over and over again....it might be a chelsea v manu final....good tip there Taffy, and psd99 when did someone call you cheeky cos i missed that and yes he is goin senile LOL
Zzzzz

laughingsmiley.gif
Was not me with the bacon sarnie
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question