hotfix kb835732 causes windows to crash

czillaho

Installed windows 2000pro on lots of computers with Asrock
motherboard (P4S61)it all worked fine up to the point when
I installed the kb835732 hotfix. After got lots of error
messages on boot up like your c: drive is unreadable or
corrupt cannot load this and cannot load that. Error
messages in the event viewer too. I was lucky if booted
at all. I had to boot up in safe mode and uninstall the
hotfix. Unfortunatelly this hotfix is neccessary to
prevent the sasser virus infecting the pc.
Desperately need help.
It was suggested that I aquire the patch:
Reference patch No. KB841382 or "KB Article Number(s):
841382" when you call / submit an incident report with IBM
and they will provide you with an executable. This is an
important patch because it fixes the security hole
exploited by the latest SASSER WORM virus strain.
I cannot find that patch.
Can anyone point me to the place I can download it?

Cheers

Alan Illeman

czillaho said:
Installed windows 2000pro on lots of computers with Asrock
motherboard (P4S61)it all worked fine up to the point when
I installed the kb835732 hotfix. After got lots of error
messages on boot up like your c: drive is unreadable or
corrupt cannot load this and cannot load that. Error
messages in the event viewer too. I was lucky if booted
at all. I had to boot up in safe mode and uninstall the
hotfix. Unfortunatelly this hotfix is neccessary to
prevent the sasser virus infecting the pc.
Desperately need help.

You can also prevent infection by using a firewall - I do.

Terrence Tan [MSFT]

To get the hotfix 841382, you have to call Microsoft at (866) PC SAFETY for
free virus and security update related support.

For your issue, try downloading 835732 to the local machine
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04-011.mspx) and
installing it in safe mode.

***
Terrence Tan [MSFT]
Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me.
This allows others to add to and benefit from these threads
and also helps to ensure a more timely response.
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either
expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the
implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a
particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting
are mine and do not necessarily express or reflect the views
and/or opinions of Microsoft.