Problem with KB835732

Miffed User

After installing KB835732, the security update that
protects against Sasser among other things, I noticed a
dramatic drop in system performance. It took 30 minutes
just to boot a P3 800 in safe mode! The system was so
sluggish that I could not into control panel to remove the
update. I finally had to bring up Safe Mode command
prompt and uninstall the update from the command prompt, a
process that took three hours.

Has anyone run across this problem or have any thoughts?
Unfortunately there are so many changes in this update it
is difficult to determine which patch in this collection
is the culprit.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

After installing KB835732, the security update that
protects against Sasser among other things, I noticed a
dramatic drop in system performance. It took 30 minutes
just to boot a P3 800 in safe mode! The system was so
sluggish that I could not into control panel to remove the
update. I finally had to bring up Safe Mode command
prompt and uninstall the update from the command prompt, a
process that took three hours.

Has anyone run across this problem or have any thoughts?
Unfortunately there are so many changes in this update it
is difficult to determine which patch in this collection
is the culprit.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
.

I've noticed same symptons that you described, CPU usage
is 100 per cent after installing kb835732, you must read
Kb841382. I also have the postfix indicated there supplied
by microsoft, i don't know if it works, but i can send it
if you need.

(e-mail address removed)

Miffed Also

I had the same problem and we finally had to remove the
fix. That is the only way we were able to get the machine
running again. It took us about 7 hours to figure out the
problem.

What a pain. Sorry I can not tell you exactly how we did
it. I had a guy work on our computer and he did the actual
work to remove it.

robin

Has there been an update to the original release of 835732? When i put this
on my win2000 computer the computer ran 100% cpu, I had rebooted and it
took like 10minutes to also log on. I removed the patch in safe mode and
everything went back to normal.

After reading posts in here about others having the same horror story, i am
wondering why micorosoft has not just fixed the patch and reissued it?

I checked the hotfix and i do not have this net vnp software that has all
those drivers in it
so now what?
robin