Hotbar Registry entries keep reappearing after deletion

Gordon

Hello
Wonder if anyone can help.
I stupidly installed Hotbar the other day little realising what a mess
it would cause to my Outlook and IE. Anyway, I have managed to remove
most of it using a combination of Noadware, Ad-Aware 6 and SpyBot.

However there are a couple of references in the registry that keep
reappearing that are apparently related to Hotbar (I got a list of all
registry entries that should be removed from the Pest Control web
site).
The two entries are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\deviceclasses\{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\sw\{b7eafdc0-a680-11d0-96d8-00aa0051e51d}

Noadware keeps picking up the first one of these as being Hotbar (but
interestingly not hte other one), but if I delete them and reboot they
both reappear.

Something is clearly creating these 2 entries at bootup, but I have no
idea what.

Does anyone have any ideas. PS I am using XP Home Edition.

Thanks
Gordon

S.Sengupta

Hi!Gordon!
start > Run > Regedit >
then choose find from the menu and search for: hotbar
whenever the registry finds an entry press delete, press F3 to continue
searching
doing so will delete all the hotbar entries in the registry.

If you find difficulty download Regcleaner or JV Power tool and use it
to remove all the junk registry entries.

see also:-
http://www.free-web-browsers.com/delete-hotbar.shtml

regards/
ssg-[MS-MVP]/pronetworks.org

Gordon

Hi,
Thanks for this. I have been deleting these entries manually using
regedit but they keep reappearing.
I've also tried cleaning the registry up. I'll try JV power tool (this
is not one I have used before) to see if that helps. Not sure the
registry is the problem though, some program (a DLL maybe) keeps
recreating these 2 hotbar entries each time I boot the system up.

Gordon

S.Sengupta said:
[...]

Kelly

Hi Gordon,

Remove Hotbar (Line 195)

Hotbar - Explorer/New Freezes (Line 206)

Remove Added IE Toolbar Entries (Line 174)

/top10faqs.htm

"S.Sengupta " <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\sw\{b7eafdc0-a680-11d0-96d8
-00aa0051e51d}

Jim Macklin

SpyBot Search and Destroy www.security.kolla.de