Home networking with VPN broadband connection.

G

I hope someone has an Idea on how to make this work. I want to connect 3 PC's - 2 wireless and 1 hardwired to my router to the VPN Cable connection. I have a Netgear MR-814 router and my Primary PC, XP home, is connected to it directly via ethernet. I also have two laptops, 1- XP home 1- XP Pro, that are in my wireless network thru the router. I have had this working on a normal cable modem network, but the service I now have uses a VPN to connect thru the cable network allowing only one connection. Without the router I tried to turn on the ICS on the primary machine and the connection drops immediately. Any hints or suggestions?

G

Given standard proceedures for networking and security I would expect that you Network Administrator for the VPN allows for one connection to the network server per user account: this would block any other access via the link.

G

Is there any way to configure the router to connect to the VPN and share the connection with the other computers that way? Can I at least have the home network but have only one computer internet capable at a time or does the VPN lock me into only one computer on the connection?

Ask a Question