hobbicolors ink fades in 2 months

theory4debate

I made a post a few months ago that I was very impressed with
hobbicolors ink for a 5 color printer. Here's the link...

http://groups.google.com/group/comp...lnk=st&q=hobbicolors+5+color#27563a55a8198ac4

However, today I looked at the pictures that were printed 2 months ago
and it has noticeable fade. The paper that was used was the 4x6
Staples brand photo paper. Although the hobbicolor ink is still very
impressive when it was printed 2 months ago, I'm very disappointed
that it only lasted 2 months.

The photos were printed was never in direct sunlight. I'm not sure if
I did something wrong. Does anybody know why it would fade that fast?

Nicolaas Hawkins

I made a post a few months ago that I was very impressed with
hobbicolors ink for a 5 color printer. Here's the link...

http://groups.google.com/group/comp...lnk=st&q=hobbicolors+5+color#27563a55a8198ac4

However, today I looked at the pictures that were printed 2 months ago
and it has noticeable fade. The paper that was used was the 4x6
Staples brand photo paper. Although the hobbicolor ink is still very
impressive when it was printed 2 months ago, I'm very disappointed
that it only lasted 2 months.

The photos were printed was never in direct sunlight. I'm not sure if
I did something wrong. Does anybody know why it would fade that fast?

Now, THERE is a patsy question for the inky-stinky Measekite if ever there
was one!

I predict he won't be able to resist rising to the bait, and bite like a
big, black alsatian.

Frank

Nicolaas said:
Now, THERE is a patsy question for the inky-stinky Measekite if ever there
was one!

I predict he won't be able to resist rising to the bait, and bite like a
big, black alsatian.
He IS inkystinky, aka measher-shit-head!...LOL!

Your name

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:37:17 -0700 (PDT), <[email protected]>
wrote in

Now, THERE is a patsy question for the inky-stinky Measekite if ever
there was one!

I predict he won't be able to resist rising to the bait, and bite like
a big, black alsatian.

The originally posted article by "theoryfordebate" is simply "Measekite" in
disguise. Ignore both, they're just trolls.

As for Hobbicolors ink, I've been using it for more than 5 years and framed
(behind glass) prints are as pristine and colorful as the day they were
created. It goes without saying any unframed, unprotected print will fade
in two months or less. I made a test with Canon ink on Photo PaperPro,
unprotected, not in direct sunlight and it went an "Irish green" in less
than 2 months. Happy St. Pat's day, but ........

measekite

I made a post a few months ago that I was very impressed with
hobbicolors ink for a 5 color printer. Here's the link...

http://groups.google.com/group/comp...lnk=st&q=hobbicolors+5+color#27563a55a8198ac4

However, today I looked at the pictures that were printed 2 months ago
and it has noticeable fade. The paper that was used was the 4x6
Staples brand photo paper. Although the hobbicolor ink is still very
impressive when it was printed 2 months ago, I'm very disappointed
that it only lasted 2 months.

I can not understand why you people do not listen to facts. And these
are that OEM ink has the best resistance to fading and produce the
highest quality photo prints. Your results just underscores what I have
been saying and what many of the idiot postings in this ng attempt to
contradict. But facts are facts.

measekite

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:37:17 -0700 (PDT), &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in &lt;news:60ee4698-7c7d-47a1-8892-0034b899aca5@u33g2000pro.googlegroups.com&gt;:

I made a post a few months ago that I was very impressed with hobbicolors ink for a 5 color printer. Here's the link... http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_thread/thread/1c2b0d0ff596a9a1/27563a55a8198ac4?lnk=st&amp;q=hobbicolors+5+color#27563a55a8198ac4 However, today I looked at the pictures that were printed 2 months ago and it has noticeable fade. The paper that was used was the 4x6 Staples brand photo paper. Although the hobbicolor ink is still very impressive when it was printed 2 months ago, I'm very disappointed that it only lasted 2 months. The photos were printed was never in direct sunlight. I'm not sure if I did something wrong. Does anybody know why it would fade that fast?

Now, THERE is a patsy question for the inky-stinky Measekite if ever there was one! I predict he won't be able to resist rising to the bait, and bite like a big, black alsatian.

I guess you must enjoy being a nut and live in denial.

theory4debate

The originally posted article by "theoryfordebate" is simply "Measekite" in
disguise.  Ignore both, they're just trolls.

As for Hobbicolors ink, I've been using it for more than 5 years and framed
(behind glass) prints are as pristine and colorful as the day they were
created.  It goes without saying any unframed, unprotected print will fade
in two months or less.  I made a test with Canon ink on Photo PaperPro,
unprotected, not in direct sunlight and it went an "Irish green" in less
than 2 months.  Happy St. Pat's day, but ........

THANKS, I didn't know that. Yes, my prints were not framed. They
were were just pinned up on a tack board. BTW - I was using a Canon
MP830 with the resetter that was made in germany.

Hendo

On Aug 27, 7:56 am, Your name <JJ&deargod.net> wrote:
THANKS, I didn't know that.  Yes, my prints were not framed.  They
were were just pinned up on a tack board.  BTW - I was using a Canon
MP830 with the resetter that was made in germany.- Hide quoted text -

I for one think your better off using OEM. Mind you Canon is not known
for thier fade resistance. Aftermarket inks are not for everyone.

Your obviously not that concerned with photo quality or longevity
because your using a Canon. If you were serious you would be using a
Epson or HP.

measekite

Hendo wrote:

On Aug 27, 12:23&nbsp;pm, [email protected] wrote:

On Aug 27, 7:56&nbsp;am, Your name &lt;JJ&amp;deargod.net&gt; wrote:

THANKS, I didn't know that. &nbsp;Yes, my prints were not framed. &nbsp;They were were just pinned up on a tack board. &nbsp;BTW - I was using a Canon MP830 with the resetter that was made in germany.- Hide quoted text - - Show quoted text -

I for one think your better off using OEM.

That is a no brainer.&nbsp; There are a lot of fools that buy the crap ink and then they lie about how good it is to protect their ego and attempt to justify getting screwed.

Mind you Canon is not known for thier fade resistance.

I have had photos sitting unframed on top of my desk by a window facing east and they have not faded in over two years.&nbsp; I have others that are their framed for over 4 years and there is no evidence of fading.&nbsp; I would expect they would fade before a print from a pigment printer fades.

Aftermarket inks are not for everyone.

That is a certainty.&nbsp; It is for those who value money over quality and are willing to accept less and then defend themselves by not being realistic.

Your obviously not that concerned with photo quality or longevity because your using a Canon. If you were serious you would be using a Epson or HP.\

Canon dye printers do reasonably well as far as fading and do produce a more vivid print.&nbsp; If you want greater resistance against fading you can get one of the Canon pigmented printers.&nbsp; The photo &nbsp;&nbsp; quality is better than Epson until you hit the Epson 3800.&nbsp; At that point they are equal in quality but have a somewhat different presentation.&nbsp; At that point choose the one you like the best including features.