hiya all, from thermaltke

Reaction score
I'd just like to say hi to everyone as my first impressions of the site are good, im sure you have already heard from me, if not you will do especially when i upgrade to ADSL.

My interests are electronical breakthroughs, like; i seen a laser keyboard that projected the keys onto a table for your phone wow, that impressed me from The Gadget Show. apart from that something has to be really good to impress me :) i go for the different option of something, so if i have to choose it would have to be the rarer of the two, not like that with computer components though the best review from you lot would make me buy.

Im a modder myself, well trying to be... hehe without ruining things so far.. thats it from me good luck to everyone and i'll see you soon!!!

Harry

Reaction score
hello m8 - new myself

bit late on the hello's - lol (36 post)

have the same thou about this site as you - great site

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Harry! Welcome to the site!

There are quite a few of us interested in electronics and gadgets here, so you'll fit in well ;)

Have you modded much yet?

Reaction score
i modded bits and bobs u know, my computer is on my avatar, and i have experience with lighting, dismatlking hard disk.. oops, positioning of stuff all sorts of wiring buying products building pcs, and getting stuff up and running... im learning mate, its coming on, have you seen my post about dual processors? if not take a look not many people seem to be able to help.

Welcome too GGU,

sorry if any typos, i been asked to go to leeds this weekend woohey. excited...

yeah a bit late but i only been on 2 days, or three, i slept since then, i been posting my heart out...

thankyou ian, you seem like a cutting edge dude yourself ;)
take care, harry

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and it's Hello from him, and hello from me. :D

Reaction score
hey thermaltke,

you fancy posting a few pics of your creations?

love modding but never really get the time myself! :(

never new that zonealarm had AV s/w built in, i'm gonna download it now and run a little test!

welcome to PCR!

apologies for my moodiness yesterday, that time of the month and all!

Reaction score
ahh i see, yeah i dont blame you, i was bit moody too mind you, ah well all sorted now. yeah but whenever i go into the galleries it signs me out then when i try and sign in again it redirects and then isnt signed in ahhh :confused: another thing what the maximum upload size, otherwise im going to have to take some new shots, ah well more fun fun fun fun.

i would be pleased to show off for you :)

Reaction score
Hi Harry .. welcome in :D

Check your thread.. even if it seems to blow wind out of your sails. Sorry :blush:

Reaction score
Welcome to PC Review Harry, electronics/modding are two of my specialities, make sure you post any logs of your future projects, me and the rest of the members here would be very interested I'm sure.

Reaction score
so if i bougt a athlon 3800xp, a dual processor based pc wouldnt be able to compete with it? soo what speeds are yours running at and what bench marks, i want mine too look kool to so it looks like it can munch up any other lan party goers pc. hehe, and i want it watercooled. so what am i best off getting for my next project not dual.

Here are some buidelins: cuz at least if your gonna spoil my ideas, than refresh my mind with some more.

a CPU speed maybe even keep mine actually but prepare it for overclocking :)
1gb RAM, what type? where from?
i also need a special 92mm fan thats different, as i have UV reactive cathodes. i need water cooling but what type and where from and will it void my AMD athlon warranty, i need cable sleeving.
i need a good graphics card too, i just want value for money really.

Reaction score
Hiya Harry.... Nice to see you

The only thing i can tell you about water cooling is that it was used on the Vickers Heavy Machine Gun!

Sorry!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
hi, for the ram you want something decent like corsair or ocz PC3200 should do but if your gonna overclock you might wanna go faster but this stuff is expensive. watercooling try the site below as for voiding the warranty im not sure.
cable sleeving can be got from most places you can get some at kustompcs they also do some 'special' fans
graphics card Floppy has already told you get a 9800 Pro £125

www.water-cooling.com

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Chameleon_Springs.html

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Case_Lighted___UV_Fans.html

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/DisplayInfoMain.asp?e=2F99A0AD-B9A8-470B-B643-2A672531F699&td=1

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The only thing i can tell you about water cooling is that it was used on the Vickers Heavy Machine Gun!
rofl1.gif
rofl1.gif
rofl1.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
He's got thermal underwear

Hiya Harry Thermal, I kinda missed this thread, but...

Welcome Aboard :)

Ask a Question