Reaction score
just wanted to say norton virus is worst ever:
the support provided completly killed my computer:
Cost $$$to have outside repair....save yourself the agony of dealing
with incompetent techs and buy something else:cry:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes its widely known as a virus in itself!

Now waiting for the inevitable spam

Reaction score
:confused:Yes I had a Norton Dominator 500cc feather bed motorcycle in the 1960's, it leaked a bit of oil when it stopped leaking it was time to put some more engine oil in:lol: As Far as Norton Anti virus I had that once on my first PC but soon got rid of it as it was crap and the PC used to freeze. Yes expect some spam flying in you good old moderators, we wait with baited breath.:eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There was a time, probably long before the time man crawled from the primeval ooze and lost his gills, that Nortons was very good. But such goodness, such confidence in being brand leader, led to delusions of grandeur and Nortons and their loyal Uncle Symantec upped bloatware and prices accordingly until all sane company directors had defected and the once mighty antivirus software became nothing but a joke. A bad and tasteless joke.

And McCaffee are even at this moment walking the same road....

Reaction score
I use the MS Security Essentials/Norton 360 combo at home and I haven't really had any problems. I did spend some time initially on set up to make sure there wouldn't be any, though. I will say that when I was feeling frisky I tried installing a copy on my XP Mode VM and it totally killed that thing. :blush: But as far as running on my physical machine, no problems to report! And it gives some nice funtionality for tracking virii on multiple boxes at home.

And welcome aboard Meggi J! :wave:

Reaction score
just wanted to say norton virus is worst ever:
the support provided completly killed my computer:
Cost $$$to have outside repair....save yourself the agony of dealing
with incompetent techs and buy something else:cry:

Hi Meggi J!
I'm really surprised you had problems with your Noton protection as I have the same and have NEVER had a virus or needed any support. I have mine update as soon as the computer is turned on and it also updates every hour if I'm online that long. I also scan my computer every day AND buy the NEW version every year as I was told that no matter what protection program you have, even though you can get "updates" for it for several years, it still is not a good as actually getting the newest version that is out there. But....I know everyone likes different progams and some work better than others. Hope you have gotten your problem solved with no more "killing" going on! What a "bummer":(
PPFCOOK

Reaction score
I use the MS Security Essentials/Norton 360 combo at home and I haven't really had any problems. I did spend some time initially on set up to make sure there wouldn't be any, though. I will say that when I was feeling frisky I tried installing a copy on my XP Mode VM and it totally killed that thing. :blush: But as far as running on my physical machine, no problems to report! And it gives some nice funtionality for tracking virii on multiple boxes at home.

And welcome aboard Meggi J! :wave:
I've have Norton 360 on my Vista and am allowed 3 computers to install it on so I put it on my husband's XP but the tech. had to install it on his. We haven't had any problems with it we know of but then we are in our 70's and don't know much about computers. When I signed up for this review I did so with the hopes some of you smart computer people can help me when I am dumb as a rock about what to do! :)

Reaction score
:thumb:Welcome fixitall123, there is a fine body of people who will help you when you are in a fix(not me I am one of those who asks a lot of questions) also make friends all over the world in the General chat forum. Enjoy your stay and participate, you will be surprised what you can learn. Any way once again welcome to PC review.:wave:

Ask a Question