Hi Everyone

Reaction score
Newbie checking in :D

Hoping to find some helpful info and friendly chats here :)

Having a nightmare at the moment trying to install an external cd rw LXR-24101A, was told XP would have drivers etc, yet system does not seem to even recognize the cd rw :eek:

Can someone direct me to the best place to ask or find out more information on this?

Also i think i've killed something else, in device manager when trying to find drivers etc for the above i have....

Usb storage adaptor
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

but now i also have....

communications port (com4)
Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34)

what have I done? :blush: lol

Please be patient with me :confused:

Thanx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows XP should recognise the drive ok - when you first turn your PC on, can you go into the BIOS and see if it appears in there?

(if you're not sure what I mean, I'll explain :))

Reaction score
Hey Ian, I can't say I have tried that :blush:

Been at it for days *ooh er*

So far I cannot see anything to suggest it even recoginzes the external cd rw, but its certainly not detectinmg anything right now :(

I'm on the pc now as the laptop (one in question) is now having trouble even connecting, I have no idea what I have done :confused:

I've reinstalled the wireless disc, it works for a time and then dies again?!

Reaction score
Hi Q :D

I cannot get my laptop to work, its all going wrong :( it wont connect to the wireless network, anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
AngelsKiss said:
Hi Q :D

I cannot get my laptop to work, its all going wrong :( it wont connect to the wireless network, anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

We have no clue as yet about your laptop, which one is it?

What did you exactly do before you ran into problems you describe?

Is your laptop fully updated?

Do you have anti-virus installed and updated?

We need more info so that we can help you out:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
AngelsKiss said:
Newbie checking in :D

Hoping to find some helpful info and friendly chats here :)

Having a nightmare at the moment trying to install an external cd rw LXR-24101A, was told XP would have drivers etc, yet system does not seem to even recognize the cd rw :eek:

Can someone direct me to the best place to ask or find out more information on this?

Also i think i've killed something else, in device manager when trying to find drivers etc for the above i have....

Usb storage adaptor
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

but now i also have....

communications port (com4)
Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34)
Thanx
There is probably nothing wrong with you external drive ... but there is something wrong with your PC

The problem is drivers ...

So, tell us what system you have? what OS? and any other relative information. ;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Hi AngelKiss and welcome to PC Review.

I saw your greetings on another thread and I replied before I saw this thread, so this is your second welcome!:D

CI

Reaction score
Afternoon :)

Thanx for the replies.

Laptop info.....

compaqnx9020

Microsoft windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

HP
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M
Processor 1400mhz
1.40 GHZ 224 MB of Ram

Updated to best of my ability :blush:

Anti virus expired so on a trial with panda software at present

Have tried to connect it again this morning, It says i am connected to the network and acquiring a network address but it doesnt get any further than that :confused:

I messed about with loads recently :mad: i cannot remember exactly what though, then i did a system restore and all was ok, a couple of times the connection would drop but then it just stopped connecting, I uninstalled the wireless and reinstalled and nothing has helped.

The wireless box is lit up and appears to be working, as above it says i am connected to the network but it just appears to be searching and thats it.

Thanx again

:D

Reaction score
update...

I connected wireless to laptop and in the most technical term, wiggled it and an error msg appeared saying not recognized, then wiggled it again and got a blue screen which disappeared so quick i couldnt see what it said before it reboot :confused:

Ask a Question