hey guys i need some help with 64x XP and a Dlink router home network

Reaction score
hey, first off my friend let me have his Windows XP 64x Edition b/c hes in the microsoft partners program and he get all this stuff for free, he gave me this knowing i have a 64 bit processor, my question is, can i just upgrade from 32bit to 64bit without losing all my programs/files? also what about drivers? can i just install windows xp drivers and it will work with 64bit edition? u think i shuld even upgrade?

also my second question is that i bought a dlink router and when i try to network my 3 computers, they are not able to see each other. ive done this many times with my old Linksys router and worked perfectly, i set them all up to the same network but they just dont show the other comps as if each port was its own to a whole...if that makees sense :/
so i found out that i had to do this port forwarding crap with my xbox so i can host games on this tunneling software called XboxConnect and that was a pain. so i was wondering if i had to do something like that so all my computers can see each other and can be able to print all at the same time.

TIA

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
do not install x64 its more trouble than good, you'll have trouble finding drivers for all of your hardware

have you tried disabling your firewalls ? check the router for one aswell

Ask a Question