Hey all

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
daveydoom said:
lol..You didn't offend me one bit. No worries. Nice to meet you also.

(BTW, how do I use smilies in this forum? Am I going crazy? They don't seem to work for me.)
Tuff ... :p

See the smilie face to the right of the A ... press the down arrow and pick one. ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
daveydoom said:
lol..You didn't offend me one bit. No worries. Nice to meet you also.

(BTW, how do I use smilies in this forum? Am I going crazy? They don't seem to work for me.)

No, I can't get the intext smilies to work either, but if you use standard txt smilies then the intext smilies come up in your text. Now I just have to figure out the comands for ones I don't know. *looks around hopefully*

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Tuff ... :p

See the smilie face to the right of the A ... press the down arrow and pick one. ;)

Now I really want to use the puzzled smilie... A? What A? My smilies are all just neatly boxed & completely A-less? The subject icons work fine, but the txt smilies definitely don't want to come out of their cage! I'm probably missing something really obvious... but I'm d**nd if I can figure out what it is.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
press the down arrow and pick one. ;)
Uhhh, no, doesn't work. When I press the down arrow and click on one of the smilies on the right side of the post my darn screen just scrolls down.

Reaction score
Welcome daveydoom.

I live in the old west. USA, Im part 1/4 Native American but we dont live in TPs anymore like in the movies.

I have been trouble shooting robotics, computers and electronics since 8088 days, but now Im a poor starving student changin my field to Arts - Media Tech.

I'll Try too post when I can but have a lot of classes and homework to do.

Yull see me here posting some photos that Im doing in photography classes.
I like to see photos of other places but I only see a few photos here. Ill add the west to it.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
daveydoom said:
Uhhh, no, doesn't work. When I press the down arrow and click on one of the smilies on the right side of the post my darn screen just scrolls down.

Check the tick-box in the 'Additional Options' beneath the advanced reply box ('Disable smilies in text'). If this box is ticked, un-tick it.

:thumb:

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Nope, sorry Bex, that's not it either. I checked that one right away and it's always been set to allow smilies. I should try a different browser and see what happens...brb

EDIT: Nope, smilies don't work in Opera either.

Last edited:

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
TECHGUNS said:
Welcome daveydoom.

I live in the old west. USA, Im part 1/4 Native American but we dont live in TPs anymore like in the movies.
That's good to know..lol. Up North here in Canada we don't live in igloos anymore either...lol. Nice to meet you.

Dave

muckshifter

Reaction score
daveydoom said:
Nope, sorry Bex, that's not it either. I checked that one right away and it's always been set to allow smilies. I should try a different browser and see what happens...brb

EDIT: Nope, smilies don't work in Opera either.
So what Browser are you using?

:rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
That is just a 'front end' to IE ... either use IE or get Firefox.

:p

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Smilies Help

Glad someone else is having an issue with this, I thought it was just me being a bit 'fick' (No comments in agreement please).

I'm using standard IE6, and have checked Bex's suggestion about disabling smilies, but I still can't include them in the text of my message.

Anyone got any bright ideas please?

Ta muchly, Dave

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
That is just a 'front end' to IE ... either use IE or get Firefox.

:p

Yes, I realize it is just a front end to IE...lol But it blows IE out of the water, way too many features that I don't want to give up. I have never had a problem (with anything) using Maxthon in the last two years or so and I refuse to give it up at this point. I prefer Opera to FireFox anyhow.

But here's the strange thing, as I'm typing this on FireFox I can now use :) :) :) smilies. Come on, you're telling me they don't work in Opera or Maxthon? What's up? :confused:

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Smilie test in IE . Nope, still doesn't work. Only FireFox works correctly.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Help please

Hi Ian

Am I correct in assuming that the smilies are "Drag & Drop" / insert at cursor point?

I just cant seem to get them running at all in IE6.

Cheers, Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
CITech said:
Hi Ian

Am I correct in assuming that the smilies are "Drag & Drop" / insert at cursor point?

I just cant seem to get them running at all in IE6.

Cheers, Dave
You should just give them a single click and then they should appear where the cursor is. I'm just changing something now, so try again in 1 min :)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Nice One ....

Thanks Ian

Not sure what you did but I now have a pull-down option for smilies, as opposed to the ToolBar on the RHS. Is this correct?

Dave:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I changed the type of reply box to WYSIWYG, so thought it might work :) Should work for you too DaveyDoom too :D

Ask a Question