Hey all

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
New member here from Ontario, Canada. Looks like a great spot. A few of the members here may already know me from other forums around the web.

Been working with computers for about 12 years or so now. I have two XP Pro boxes at home, one iMac with OS9, one box running SuSE Pro 9.1 (haven't had time to upgrade it yet) and they're all behind a SmoothWall firewall. I also have an older machine running Win98SE for my two young boys but it's not networked or online.

I'm into pretty much anything and everything. Sports, music, computers, whatever..lol

Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dave! Welcome to the site :D

If you know SuSE, you must know Mucks ;)

( mucks edit: ... watch it pal, or I'll ban you )

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello Dave,

Glad you found us at last ... I've always been here you know. ;)

Poke around, make yourself at home, I'm the only one who bites. :D

... and Welcome.

... now get over to crunchers corner and sign-up.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Oh ya, I know Mucks. I've been reading about his adventures in SuSE land....lol Don't worry Mucks, I know what you're going through. I still can't install anything on SuSE without begging for help online. Seems to be pretty easy with the iMac though.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've had this place bookmarked for quite some time, just never took the time to register.

muckshifter

Reaction score
cirianz said:
Hi Davey, I'm a newbie around here too, good to meet you :D
Public Warning Issued to cirianc

Please refrain from using the word "newbie" ... use something like "new computer user" ... thank you.

:D

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Everyone seems so nice around here. Are most of the members from the UK or at least "across the pond" from me?

Reaction score
daveydoom said:
Everyone seems so nice around here. Are most of the members from the UK or at least "across the pond" from me?

Most seem to be from Great Britan :p but we like you one and all:thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
daveydoom said:

Like itsme said, it's mostly Brits here, but there are people here from all over the place :thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Greetings!

Hi All

Been poking around here for a little while, but only just found this bit of the site (Oops!). Not a reflection on site-design, just an incompetent operator.

All seems very friendly, even had the chance to have a laugh with the man they call MuckShifter....

If there's anyone else based around the Channel Islands it would be good to hear from you, just as it would be nice to hear from anyone anywhere else.

Have a fun day!!!

Dave

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Public Warning Issued to cirianc

Please refrain from using the word "newbie" ... use something like "new computer user" ... thank you.

Will do, no probs. Didn't mean to offend, just meant we were both new to the forum. Was nice not to be the only new person on the block.

Davey, sorry if I offended or insulted you in any way. Is good to meet you.

muckshifter

Reaction score
cirianz said:
Will do, no probs. Didn't mean to offend, just meant we were both new to the forum. Was nice not to be the only new person on the block.

Whoa ... bad joke on my part, I should be apologizing here. I just hate that word and that other one with the two Os. :blush:

You carry on, ignore me, you offended nobody. :thumb:

if you did, I would just beat you with a brick

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Whoa ... bad joke on my part, I should be apologizing here. I just hate that word and that other one with the two Os. :blush:

You carry on, ignore me, you offended nobody. :thumb:

if you did, I would just beat you with a brick

Whew *wipes swet from brow* Thanks mucks. I must confess that the one with the two O's always looks like someone forgot to add the dots. ;) Just aim the brick at my head, It was made by Landrover & can take the knocks :)

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
cirianz said:
lol..You didn't offend me one bit. No worries. Nice to meet you also.

(BTW, how do I use smilies in this forum? Am I going crazy? They don't seem to work for me.)

Ask a Question