Help with Canon BJC2000SP - not printing

Simon

I'm a newbie here and hope someone here can help (my googling has so far
only turned up about 10 gazillion inkjet refill sites). Apologies up front
for the length of the post, hopefully there should be sufficient detail to
cover all possibilities...

The aforementioned printer belongs to a friend, and for reasons unknown no
longer prints...

it is connected to a (mature!!) P100 running W98SE via a parrallel cable.
They have been using non genuine (calidad) cartridges.

It gets (very) infrequent use (it may go for anything up to 3 months
between uses), so it's definitely not worn out...

It was printing, but leaving white lines in the resulting print (like the
print heads had dust or fluff stuck on them). repeated head cleans made no
difference. Now it refuses to print - it will feed a page, and the head
sounds to be tracking back and forth as it should, but nothing is printed.

this particular model has no power switch, and as far as I know, just gets
powered up and down when the PC is used

I have now installed the printer on my machine (PII 450, W98SE, parallel
connection) with the same results. I have soaked the print head in warm
water, but without significant improvement.

a couple of things that are odd... When I print a test sheet, I get the
windows logo in the top left hand corner,but nothing else. Similarly,
nozzle check patterns print at the top centre of the sheet, but nothing
else. When I run the head cleaning process, the head makes the appropriate
noises indicating that it is running back and forth, but the printer
doesn't feed any paper (not sure if this is correct or not - doesn't seem
logical to me, and is very different to our HP). The software appears to
indicate that the process has been completed successfully.

TIA

give a man a match and he'll be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Laughter is still the best medicine (although some gunshot wounds do not
respond well to this therapy....)

xNokia_3390x

Simon said:
It gets (very) infrequent use (it may go for anything up to 3 months
between uses), so it's definitely not worn out...

It was printing, but leaving white lines in the resulting print (like the
print heads had dust or fluff stuck on them). repeated head cleans made no
difference. Now it refuses to print - it will feed a page, and the head
sounds to be tracking back and forth as it should, but nothing is printed.

The infrequent use and white lines show that the print heads are clogged.
Especially with generic ink, it's important to use your printer more
frequently than OEM ink because sometimes the quality isn't the same. Even
with OEM ink, it's still important to print more than once every few months.
a couple of things that are odd... When I print a test sheet, I get the
windows logo in the top left hand corner,but nothing else. Similarly,
nozzle check patterns print at the top centre of the sheet, but nothing
else. When I run the head cleaning process, the head makes the appropriate
noises indicating that it is running back and forth, but the printer
doesn't feed any paper (not sure if this is correct or not - doesn't seem
logical to me, and is very different to our HP). The software appears to
indicate that the process has been completed successfully.

The test sheet should show other things, including driver information if I
remember correctly. The nozzle check sheet is correct. That is all that is
printed. The head cleaning process does not need any paper to complete the
process.

With that said, I would try a new cable. If that doesn't work, try
reinstalling the driver. If that *still* doesn't work, it might be the
print head or the printer itself just biting the dust.

Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Important

xNokia_3390x said:
"Simon" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It gets (very) infrequent use (it may go for anything up to 3 months
> between uses), so it's definitely not worn out...
>
> It was printing, but leaving white lines in the resulting print (like the
> print heads had dust or fluff stuck on them). repeated head cleans made

no
> difference. Now it refuses to print - it will feed a page, and the head
> sounds to be tracking back and forth as it should, but nothing is printed.

The infrequent use and white lines show that the print heads are clogged.
Especially with generic ink, it's important to use your printer more
frequently than OEM ink because sometimes the quality isn't the same. Even
with OEM ink, it's still important to print more than once every few months.

> a couple of things that are odd... When I print a test sheet, I get the
> windows logo in the top left hand corner,but nothing else. Similarly,
> nozzle check patterns print at the top centre of the sheet, but nothing
> else. When I run the head cleaning process, the head makes the

appropriate
> noises indicating that it is running back and forth, but the printer
> doesn't feed any paper (not sure if this is correct or not - doesn't seem
> logical to me, and is very different to our HP). The software appears to
> indicate that the process has been completed successfully.

The test sheet should show other things, including driver information if I
remember correctly. The nozzle check sheet is correct. That is all that is
printed. The head cleaning process does not need any paper to complete the
process.

With that said, I would try a new cable. If that doesn't work, try
reinstalling the driver. If that *still* doesn't work, it might be the
print head or the printer itself just biting the dust.

Isn't That Funny!!-We Both Have The Same Problem
But... My Printer Prints Nothing At All
I use Generic Ink Too.....

Someone Please Find An Answer Soon!!
Otherwise my Dad Will Through Out The Printer!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif