Help With 3g Data Card

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

I got myself an Orange Option Icon 2 USB data card. I have installed the device, can get a great signal, can send/receive SMS messages from it but cannot connect to the internet. I have installed and reinstalled the drivers over and over/done everything I can think of and still no internet connection.

I can't find anything on 'Google' that points to any problems. Far from it, people are saying what an easy device it is to use.

Has anyone got anything similar/knows what could be wrong/how to fix it?

This device could transform my life if I can get it to work!

I would be eternally grateful for any words of advice.

Love

Gabs xx

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm gonna take a stab in the dark here

is it set as the default connection in internet explorers settings ?

to check go to the desktop, right click the IE icon> properties> connections tab

also does it show up under network connections in the control panel?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
There's nothing in network connections at all relating to the 3g card. I think I am going to have to go back to Orange.

Love

Gabs xx

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
might be an idea, i dont think it is being recognised properly by your laptop

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I think you're dead right but as to how to fix it, I haven't got a clue. Thanks for taking time to get back to me.

Love

Gabs xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

Following my message yesterday, I learn from Ornage that the device had not been activated at their end and that it will take a further 24 hours to go 'live'. Not bad for a service that I have been paying for since 21 January :)

So, it wasn't a technical problem as such and certainly not at my end.

Thanks Me_2001 for getting back to me with your helpful suggestions.

Love

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's bad for Orange, you'd only expect to pay once it's live? :wall:

I hope the 3G card does the trick for you :thumb: I'd be really interested to hear what you think of it after you've had a play with it, as they seem like a really good idea :nod:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Ian

I can't wait to use it and it should hopefully make life so much easier and say farewell to late nights catching up with emails that have come in whilst I have been out and about in the daytime. I will report back once the device is up and running.

Love

Gabs xx

Ask a Question