Help! WinXp Sound Problem! (last post is an error)

G

I came back from work today and had to ! in the Device manager tab... under theses 2
- Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device
- Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver

Looked on Windows update to see that the last update was creating some corruption in the compatibility, so i downloaded a patch for XP fixing this issue... and tried to uninstall theses 2 problems so that windows could reinstall them... And now i'm trying to install both and I get an error saying that the driver is not intended for this platform, i reinstall my SB Live... and it's getting nowhere... Help me please!

G

There's more... after severals thing tried to resolve this... i just found out that my Windows Audio service doesn't work anymore... i can't stop or pause it i can't do a thing... and i'm unable to reinstall it...

How can i reinstall this thing?

G

The problem is that i have none audio device... i had one yesterday.
Tried to Restore to a later date = still no audio device
Tried to Uninstall both Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device (sysaudio.sys) and Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver (wdmaud.sys) = they both uninstall, state after the reboot as unknown device, when i tried to update driver i get the msg it can't update on this platform...
Windows Audio Service = automatic, started... clicking on the Audio tab in Control Panel tells me that i have no Audio Device
Tried to play some sound in WMP (Windows Media Player), it says i have no audio device...
the only problem in the device manager are both Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device and WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver... (both marked with an !
Uninstalled everything from the Audio TAB and reinstalled, same error, can't reinstall driver for both, and everything else install ok... Please HELP!

Ask a Question