Help!! Please!! Taskbar virus Alert!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

this is my 1st post, i am at a loss!!! Something has dloaded onto my PC. i am not that great with pcs and have tried everything to get rid of this bloody aler.

here goes: there is a green handicapped sign on the right hand side of my task bar. it goes from a green handicapped sign to a red circle with a line through it. also it brings us some virus alert aswell. when i connect to the internet, it takes me to a security bulletin ewb page and wont let me go to any other pages as "spy trooper" blocks it!!!!

i have ran my pc on safe mode, ran ewido, adaware, spybot, and many other things that i have read in forums but nothing is gettin rid of this alert. as stated, i am at a loss, please help

thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi jamhotgammon :wave: and welcome to the forum :)

Spy Trooper is a rogue anti-spyware program.

To remove it follow this tutorial :thumb:

Reaction score
I've got the same thing goin on at my house. I've noticed that it's a file that begins with svcontrol...I believe and then if you delete it...it comes back as nvctrl.exe I think

Reaction score
thanks a million

i'll drop in after i get home from wotrk and let you kno how i got on

again

many thanks for your speedy assistance

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem - once you have rid of it, make sure you again run an up to date AV scan and all the various programs you have already mentioned, plus the others mentioned over at Spyware Point.

Then ensure you have some real-time protection such as a GOOD AV Program (eg. AntiVir), Spywareblaster, Windows Defender etc...:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi

I'm back. My PC seems better, but the blinking green handicapped sign/red circle with line through it, is still there, and i'm still getting a large pop up "your computer is infected" sign.

Any suggestions?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Can you confirm exactly what you have done - have you completed everything in the tutorial to the letter?

Have you also installed and run the various programs I suggested in my lastpost?

Edit: Also download and run CCleaner :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have ran everything stated. panda activescan, runthis.dat, ewido, ad-aware (in safe mode) also a disk clean up was done also (by the system)

as far as i'm aware, "spytrooper" is away, but its just that flashing sign on my task bar. i dont think its much, but, by god its annoying :wall:

i'll just try ccleaner

thanks ;)

Reaction score
ok ccleaner has been done

and i still have that bloody handicapped sign/red circle thig going off on the right hand side of my task bar

help............ again :(

many thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
What comes up if you right click it?

Reaction score
nothing

it will only let me left click it

then the "your computer is infected" message comes up

asking me to click it to be taken to a site which will get rid of it

although, if you do click it, nothing happens

thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK - go to start>run and type msconfig, click OK

Then go to Startup, expand the command heading, are there any strange programs listed, or anything refering to Spy Trooper?

Reaction score
heres a pic

Attachments

• bloody thing.JPG
    bloody thing.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 560

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Seems although you have got rid of Spy Trooper a little bit has been left behind which although isn't actually affecting anything major now - is a pain in the a*se.

Can you check and see if C:\Program Files\Security Toolbar exists, if so delete it.

Also go to Start -> Control Panel, click Display -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop -> Web -> Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reaction score
Hi

donr both of the above

its still there

i'm sure its nothing

just a little annoying

thanks again for your assistance

:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
When you say you've done it - do you mean they were there and you have now deleted them?

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Seems although you have got rid of Spy Trooper a little bit has been left behind which although isn't actually affecting anything major now - is a pain in the a*se.

Can you check and see if C:\Program Files\Security Toolbar exists, if so delete it.

Also go to Start -> Control Panel, click Display -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop -> Web -> Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

no security toolbar

and no

security info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question