Help!!!!cpu Fan Not Working Anymore

Reaction score
hELLO TECHIES..I NEED YOUR HELP!!! I WOKE UP TODAY AND MY CPU WAS FINE....THEN THE CPU GOT QUIET AND THE FAN STOPPED...I TURNED OFF THE PC REAL FAST...I MADE SURE THE FAN WAS PLUGGED IN PROPERLY AND STILL NOTHING....BUT THIS TIME NOTHING SHOWS ON THE SCREEN :( NOW IF SOMEONE WENT THRU THIS AND GOT A SOLUTION PLEASE HELP ME...I AM A NOVICE USER AND I AM HARDWARE SAVVY BUT THIS IS CRAZINESS!! IM ON MY 566 MHZ PC AND ITS HORRIBLE....SO PLEASE NAYHELP WOULD BE GREAT!!....COULD IT BE THAT THE PROCESSOR FRIED???OR I JUST MNED TO REPLACE CPU FAN???H E L P!!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is considered SHOUTING to type all in uppercase text ... and hard to read, please refrain.

If your PC does not show anything on the screen and does not beep at least once ... then indeed the CPU has probably been 'fried' ... sorry, nothing you can do but replace it, and get a better HSF.

There again, your power supply unit (PSU) may have died.

Reaction score
Sorry for the caps! im afraid you're right about my cpu...but it did boot up to windows without the fan but im not touching it!.....this is the second time this happened to me...i dont understand how this happens.....i literally turned my cpu on...fan stopped working....shut off pc...looked at cpu fan and the turned of and thats that!.....so thats it all my money down the drain.????? hmmm thats ok iguess..i mean everythhing is fine its just that the fan isnt spinning anymore...

thanks for the advice:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If the CPU fan is not working, then I would not use the PC untill I got a new one.

An AMD CPU would not last 5 seconds, if your lucky, without a HSF ... A P4 can stand the heat a little longer, but I would not push my luck.

;)

Reaction score
thank you for your advice by the way....it was up for a couple of seconds...like i said the pc powered up and everything was fine i am not using anymore...so i should replace the cpu fanright?

ohh yeah mypc doesnt have a pc speaker so it never makes beeps....mobo works everything else works..i tried a older cpu fan and didnt work also...??got any ideas?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Buy a new CPU fan and don't turn the Pc on until you have the new one installed...make sure you can see it spin up as soon as you power up if not pull the plug immediately and come back to us....

Reaction score
hey guys thanks alot for the help by the way!!!!!!

i found the solution....the i tested my cpu fan AND processor...on a clone pc...(i built these)..same exact parts ..soo they both worked...the jumpers from the mobo stopped working..so nothing broke except for the jumpers named CPUFAN....so i made a makeshift power supply by using the PSU instead of the jumpers..everything fine now:)

again thanks for the advice...thank god i had anotherone just like it to test the cpu fan on..lol i was about to buy a new fan lmao!!!

See ya Dudes

Ask a Question