HELP!! Can I recover permanantly deleted pictures?

Reaction score
I did something terribly stupid. I reformatted my computer yesterday after thinking I had backed up all the important files. However I've just realised I didnt back up My Pictures folder - probably the most important folder sentimentally!!!

Is there a program I can download/get or can i do anything to recover them even though I reformatted my C drive? Please help!!!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Richee said:
I did something terribly stupid. I reformatted my computer yesterday after thinking I had backed up all the important files. However I've just realised I didnt back up My Pictures folder - probably the most important folder sentimentally!!!

Is there a program I can download/get or can i do anything to recover them even though I reformatted my C drive? Please help!!!

If all else fails, you can always try professional hard drive data recovery - it might be pricey though :blush:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Richee said:
It didnt work :( fear its permanantly gone! That'll teach me!

If the photos are worth a lot in terms of sentimentality, I'd look into getting the data recovered if I were you. We've had dealings wing Disklabs before, and would have no problems recommending them :)

I hope you manage to get it sorted!

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Data Recovery Companies

I've used a company called Vogon Intl before and they were really good, but it is a bit pricey. It all depends on what value you put on the data which needs to be recovered.

They usually charge an up-front fee to investigate the possibilities, and then the actual recovery fee is based upon data volume and turnaround time. You can opt for lower prioirty recovery if its not urgent.

I know these guys do forensic recovery for court cases so they must be fairly good. They are based in (or around) Oxford if that's any help to you.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Hey mate,

Thats sucks. Im sure you have already thought, but you didnt at any time write some of your photos onto a cd, or email them to other people? I know i could get SOME of my pics back that way.

Bodhi

Reaction score
Its not too bad - I have some important ones on the net, a few with friends and a couple of older ones on various disks. Thanks guys v much for the help!

Ask a Question