HELP! All of my files are gone after another admin user went through

M

mike159

:angry:  :angry: Alright, so I am in deep trouble. All of the folders on my user account are gone and Vista reverted everything like my account was just created. I lost all of my files and everything else I have had. Its all been deleted!!!!! It started this morning when I logged in and everything off of my desktop was gone. All of the files and everything. I don't know what happened, I didn't delete the account or make a new one or anything. All I know is that my brother, the idiot was stupidly going through my files from his user account (through Computer/Users), since he was stupidly made an admin, and he was deleting some files off of my user account. I'm not sure what it was but it must have been something he deleted that messed up everything! I still see some of the items in my garbage can of stuff that might have been deleted by the dumb sh!t. The other user accounts are fine, its just mine that is missing everything and acting like its a brand new account.  :angry: I don't know what he deleted but I know he didn't do a complete wipeout of my account. I still have a feeling that my files are somewhere because the hard drive is still the same size. I need help and a way to bring my files back. I know that they should still be on the hard drive because the hard drive itself is huge and its still the same size as it was and there are some files in my recycle bin, so I am hoping that there is some way to fix this or I am going to be pissed when I see him  :angry: . All of my work and school files were on this user name and he just had to go poking his dumb face through it. Please help me with this, this is a life and death situation, more for me than it is for him. If I cant get any of my files back I dont know what I'll do. Please help me with this.

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

A

Alias

mike159 said:
 :angry:  :angry: Alright, so I am in deep trouble. All of the folders on my user account are gone and Vista reverted everything like my account was just created. I lost all of my files and everything else I have had. Its all been deleted!!!!! It started this morning when I logged in and everything off of my desktop was gone. All of the files and everything. I don't know what happened, I didn't delete the account or make a new one or anything. All I know is that my brother, the idiot was stupidly going through my files from his user account (through Computer/Users), since he was stupidly made an admin, and he was deleting some files off of my user account. I'm not sure what it was but it must have been something he deleted that messed up everything! I still see some of the items in my garbage can of stuff that might have been deleted by the dumb sh!t. The other user accounts are fine, its just mine that is missing everything and acting like its a brand new account
  :angry: I don't know what he deleted but I know he didn't do a complete wipeout of my account. I still have a feeling that my files are somewhere because the hard drive is still the same size. I need help and a way to bring my files back. I know that they should still be on the hard drive because the hard drive itself is huge and its still the same size as it was and there are some files in my recycle bin, so I am hoping that there is some way to fix this or I am going to be pissed when I see him  :angry: . All of my work and school files were on this user name and he just had to go poking his dumb face through it. Please help me with this, this is a life and death situation, more for me than it is for him. If I cant get any of my files back I dont know what I'll do. Please help me with this.
Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Two lessons you've learned.

1. Don't trust your brother with the computer.

2. Back up is a computer user's best friend.

Alias

S

simreaper

I learnt the hard way with a very old computer that had been my nieces and
was her school work computer was an old olivetti and one day made this
horrible grinding noise, now I was new to computers and knew nothing about
this backing up data stuff, and that noise got worse as the day wore on and
next morning nothing no lovely computer to boot up dead as a doornail and
poor hard drive had crashed so badly couldn't retrieve any data from it. Now
I have a 4GB flash drive(desktop data) a 1GB drive(laptop data) regulalry
send myself my updated contacts book to my online address and even still back
some of this data up to discs, I also have a username and password book and