HeLLO

anny

From: "Chris O'C" <u29189@uwe>
Subject: SQL Server 2008 now available for download
Date: miércoles, 06 de agosto de 2008 03:50 p.m.

See: http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1519

"Microsoft officials announced at TechEd South Africa on August 6 that SQL
Server 2008 has been released to manufacturing.

"Microsoft officials said last month to expect the product on August price
lists. SQL Server 2008 is available as of today to MSDN and TechNet
subscribers and will be available for evaluation download on Aug. 7, company
officials said. SQL Server 2008 Express and SQL Server Compact editions are
available for free download today, as well."

Note that the link for the free SQL Server 2008 Express download on
Microsoft's site is still for the RC0 version, so the article is in error on
that fact. We'll have to wait for the RTM version to become available. I
don't know when that's going to be. Hopefully soon.

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx

Chris
Microsoft MVP

a a r o n _ k e m p f

I'm looking forward to finding out more about the 'web edition'.

I like how they come out with new editions-- I just wish that the 3gb
limit on WorkGroup edition would go up.

-Aaron