hello, i'm sober, i'm sorry, i apologize.....

Reaction score
I really do apologize for my blunder of stepping on someone else's string. Please forgive a newbie. I have a recurring problem with freezing up....ctrl, alt,del wont work,esc or any thing that i know of. i'm running an e machine with xp pro and a 2200 amd athlon xp processor......my only constant is winmx, it's usually going in the background. as long as the machine is being worked it's fine but when i leave it unattended it freezes....help me please........

.-=ManQ=-.

<a href="http://www.boltonpc.co.uk">BoltonPC</a> R
Reaction score
Hi Fallback and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy yoru stay !

Re the PC problem, need a little more info. It it definately clean of virus, spyware, etc?

if this is all ok and your stil having problems when your leaving the machine idol, maybe try turning off your power saving settings and see if that makes a difference?

Sorry these are just stabs in the dark, but we have to start somewhere :D

The inability to alt ctrl + delete smacks of a virus to me.

Reaction score
Thanks to you ManQ, that' gives me a starting point. Avg, microsoft beta and spy bot are all saying I'm clear :confused: Thank you again for the siggestion, heres hope! :thumb:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Welcome fallback to this great community here at PC Review.
What Microsoft beta are you running? betas can be a cause of many problems, especially if its something as cruciual as your OS.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"Freezing" is usually asosiated with a hardware or driver problem.

Frezzing definition ... nothing works not even the mouse.

Install MS Anti-Spyware, SpywareBlaster and Ad-Aware ... remove winmx and run the afore mentiond programs ... if you cannot live without winmx then rob a bank, it'll be cheaper.

Installing any P2P file sharing program is an open invitation to your system.

;)

Reaction score
mmm....take note m8
dump winmx
use to use it and thought it was great
but learned my lesson
a little too late

...a poem from 1nteger...with a message. :thumb:

(And you think ur sober?)

Reaction score
All those P2Pprograms are alike, your downloading from someone elses hardrive. I can tell you from experience that some people attach stuff to those files just for kicks. If you had Kazaa I'd warn to never download anything from Sayrdfootbal64 he was a roomate of mine and had a habit of attatching the medussa virus as an exe. (or so he said)

Reaction score
I downloaded the Ewido like Crazylegs said and it came up with a Trojan Norton 2005,SpyBot and Ad-Aware SE didn't find,is this right that the other 3 didn't find it???

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep, probably ... The other 3 did not find it, why? ... they are not Trojan Scanners. :eek:

Try Trojan Hunter ... it's in Google, and I think they still do a Trial download.

Ask a Question