Healthy snacks?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just got back from the gym and I'm starving! Has anyone got any suggestions for some reasonably healthy snacks?

So far its been apples, banannes, or olives (I know, strange but I love olives!).

Any ideas for something healthy but a bit more interesting?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Smoothies are a good idea! I've got a blender and plenty of milk so I'll have to give that a go. Marmite flavour anyone? :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Smoothies are a good idea! I've got a blender and plenty of milk so I'll have to give that a go. Marmite flavour anyone? :)

Pass on that one Ian :D.

What about dried fruits? Dried mango is one of my faves!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've bought lots of dried apricots in the past - I'll have to try the dried mango ones as it is my favorite fruit! Another good idea :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Beef Jerky; Full fat crisps; Pork Scratchings, Wine Gums, Mars Bars..... :D

Erm, ok, how about iced carrot sticks? Frozen yoghurt. Quality Oat cakes, I think.

And actually, twiglets are quite good for you, they're basically crisp wholemeal bread with marmite :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've bought lots of dried apricots in the past - I'll have to try the dried mango ones as it is my favorite fruit! Another good idea :)

The dried fruits are nice and chewy and fill you right up :D

and thank you :).

Not sure what else to suggest, personally i dont eat lots of crap anyway..

Wonder what else people can think of, bound to be something.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've just got back from the gym and I'm starving! Has anyone got any suggestions for some reasonably healthy snacks?

So far its been apples, banannes, or olives (I know, strange but I love olives!).

Any ideas for something healthy but a bit more interesting?
Porridge, with fruit of your choice will help keep cholesterol at bay, and tastes good too.
nod.gif

user.gif

Reaction score
I actually eat a lot of bran flakes with semi skimmed milk. Lost a load of weight aswell doin it. Instead of eating rubbish I would just eat bran flakes. At time probably for close to a week that all I ate with the odd bar of choc.

Ive heard people trying a bran flake diet and saying it dont work. Well it does,I lost 1.3 stone in about 7weeks. And as the thread is about,it kept hunger at bay and is good for you ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
And actually, twiglets are quite good for you, they're basically crisp wholemeal bread with marmite :)

Is that true? Those and beef jerky are some of my favorite foods (I know the latter is no good ;)).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Is that true? Those and beef jerky are some of my favorite foods (I know the latter is no good ;)).

Aye, they're made from the same wholemeal dough that make Vitawheat and are baked, not fried.

Of course, as they have marmite on, most countries outside the UK, Oz and Kiwi land hate 'em :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Beef Jerky; Full fat crisps; Pork Scratchings, Wine Gums, Mars Bars..... :D

Erm, ok, how about iced carrot sticks? Frozen yoghurt. Quality Oat cakes, I think.

Floppy is right about the beef jerky!!
Low in saturated fat - packed in protein!

Another surprisingly healthy snack are pancakes! ;)
Hold the sweet sugary sauces though.
The egg and milk provide stacks of protein!!

Basically, anything low in saturated fat and high in protein is great muscle food.... Turkey is the leanest of all meats, and lamb/duck are the fattiest.

Let me know if you would like more top-tips! ;)
I could spend all day going on about this.
"My body is a temple" <- I WISH :-/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:

I thought he was pulling me leg about that one :eek: I love the stuff but hardly ever have it as I thought it was probably really bad for me. Might have to buy some today now ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Aye, they're made from the same wholemeal dough that make Vitawheat and are baked, not fried.

Of course, as they have marmite on, most countries outside the UK, Oz and Kiwi land hate 'em :D

Healthy snack my eye , did you look at the salt content .
nod.gif

This time of year I go for toasties , beans , beans and cheese , pilchards , sardines , egg dip , peanut butter and jam . Any sort of filling you can think of :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:

Was I? :eek:

I was only joking, I thought they'd be awful.

Well I never :)

Which also replies to Ian as well ;)

Abarbarian:

I thought the yeast extract in twiglets supplied most of the flavour, I shall have to check out the salt content.

If they are indeed high in salt I apologise for misleading folk. And all these years I've been munching them as well....

Reaction score
NUTS

cant believe none has mentioned them
its got to be some nuts

but not the ones that are high in salt such as normal almonds but i like to soak these in water and peel the skin!!!!

look for fruit cut it up into peices to make it more appealing
yogurts obviously depending on ur goals get different ones.

cottage cheese, quork

pop into holland and barrats
they will give u good advice on different dried fruits, seeds and nuts
and they r cheap!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Was I? :eek:

Abarbarian:

I thought the yeast extract in twiglets supplied most of the flavour, I shall have to check out the salt content.

If they are indeed high in salt I apologise for misleading folk. And all these years I've been munching them as well....

I wus wrong , fairly low salt , So keep on munching
nod.gif

Ask a Question