Having problem creating Font Prototype component

G

Hello,
I have been trying to create a font component containing two custom fonts that I would like to use in my XPe image. Here is what I did.
1) Created a Font Prototype component with two custom fonts. I set both fonts to Software:System:Multimedia & Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts category and English Language Extended Support dependency. Saved as an .SLD.
2) Imported the .SLD into Componen Database Manager.
3) In Target Designer, selected both fonts for my configuration. I built the image successfully with no dependency or build errors.
4) Downloaded the image onto my target device. Booted up successfully to XP Embedded.
5) When I browse the \Windows\Fonts folder I do not see my custom fonts.

So what did I do wrong? The above procedure was taken from the on-line documentation under "Adding a Language Support Infrastructure".

Thanks for your help.
- Trung

K

KM

Trung,
Hello,
I have been trying to create a font component containing two custom fonts that I would like to use in my XPe image. Here is what I did.
1) Created a Font Prototype component with two custom fonts. I set both fonts to Software:System:Multimedia &
Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts category and English Language Extended Support dependency. Saved as an .SLD.

Did you set the Protorype field for the component to "Software:System:Multimedia&Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts:Font Prototype"?
I missed that from your steps.

Also hope you added the font files (ttf?) to appropriate dir (%20) and set up properly a Repository to copy the files to your image.

G

KM
I did set the Protoype to "Software:System:Multimedia & Graphics:Infrastructure:Fonts:Font Prototype"

Today I built with the font files and directory %20. The custome fonts were installed in \Windows\Fonts directory but I cannot use it. Do I need to enter any registry data so it can reference font face name with font file name? Is that what I'm missing

Thanks

----- KM wrote: ----

Trung
Hello
I have been trying to create a font component containing two custom fonts that I would like to use in my XPe image. Here is wha I did
1) Created a Font Prototype component with two custom fonts. I set both fonts to Software:System:Multimedia
Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts category and English Language Extended Support dependency. Saved as an .SLD

Did you set the Protorype field for the component to "Software:System:Multimedia&Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts:Font Prototype"
I missed that from your steps

Also hope you added the font files (ttf?) to appropriate dir (%20) and set up properly a Repository to copy the files to your image
2) Imported the .SLD into Componen Database Manager
3) In Target Designer, selected both fonts for my configuration. I built the image successfully with no dependency or buil errors
4) Downloaded the image onto my target device. Booted up successfully to XP Embedded
5) When I browse the \Windows\Fonts folder I do not see my custom fonts
- Trun

-
KM
BSquare Corporatio

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Trung,

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\ ?????? REG_SZ
???????

Open any ttf component and see its registry settings. If you have this
component working in Win XP then use regedit to see how this entry should
look.

Regards,
Slobodan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Embedded newsgroups? Tell
Microsoft!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/community/newsgroups
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trung said:
KM,
I did set the Protoype to "Software:System:Multimedia &
Graphics:Infrastructure:Fonts:Font Prototype".
Today I built with the font files and directory %20. The custome fonts
were installed in \Windows\Fonts directory but I cannot use it. Do I need
to enter any registry data so it can reference font face name with font file
name? Is that what I'm missing?
Thanks.

----- KM wrote: -----

Trung,
fonts that I would like to use in my XPe image. Here is what
both fonts to Software:System:Multimedia &
Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts category and English Language Extended
Support dependency. Saved as an .SLD.
Did you set the Protorype field for the component to
"Software:System:Multimedia&Graphics:Infratructure:Fonts:Font Prototype"?
I missed that from your steps.

Also hope you added the font files (ttf?) to appropriate dir (%20)
and set up properly a Repository to copy the files to your image.built the image successfully with no dependency or build
on-line documentation under "Adding a Language Support

K

KM

Trung,

If "Fonts" does not recognize your font (.fon or .ttf) you may enter in registry by hand the font info.
E.g.
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"MS Reference Sans Serif (TrueType)"="REFSAN.TTF"
"MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)"="SSERIFE.FON"

--
KM,
BSquare Corporation
KM,
I did set the Protoype to "Software:System:Multimedia & Graphics:Infrastructure:Fonts:Font Prototype".

Today I built with the font files and directory %20. The custome fonts were installed in \Windows\Fonts directory but I cannot
use it. Do I need to enter any registry data so it can reference font face name with font file name? Is that what I'm missing?

Ask a Question