Have you ever appeared on TV or in a Film?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Nope....but I was pulled out of the audience to assist with a trick on one of Paul Daniels magic shows on TV :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Been on Sky Sports TV before for about 5 seconds in the crowd :lol: . I went to see Newcastle lose 1-0 to Wigan in a cup game, and we were horriffic... really really bad. At half time they focused in on me and my mate and said that our expression summed up our teams performance:lol:

I only found out as I got calls a few mins later from friends watching the match in the pub.

Reaction score
I was on Midlands Today for about 5 seconds when they panned down a queue of people waiting to walk through the railway tunnels under Birmingham city centre prior to the re-opening of Snow Hill Station. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was on TOTP once, in a video for a Herman's Hermits song in 1970. It was shot at Battersea Fun Fair (as was) and I was standing at the side of one of the rides he went on. I do remember his wife was gorgeous :D

Then around 1980 I was in a Heavy Metal documentary program featured on a series BBC2 were running 'Riverside'.

They filmed a Friday evening at The Hammersmith Clarendon Hotel, I was playing records upstairs at the time. They must have used three cameras to shoot about 90 minutes worth of footage and there was three seconds of me in a Top Hat shouting 'Let's see ya' in the Mic.

They did play quite a few crowd scenes and interviews with the punters though. Featured band was Rock Goddess and there was an interview with Lemmy, him of the warts and Motorhead.

Also got glimpsed briefly in the crowd on the terraces at Swindon football ground in the late seventies when Spurs played there. The camera zoomed in my direction as somebody had set fire to the program stand, which was behind me. Scary stuff.

And finally, quite a few shots of me at Glastonbury Festival '98, watching Steve Earle play the Pyramid Stage one afternoon.

I'm a star, I'm a star :D

The Clarendon Hotel, incidentally, is no longer, a bus station stands where it used to be.

Reaction score
Been in the crowd of a few adverts & on Central Today (the old tv station for the Midlands)
And in n Poirot back in the 90's, 3 days filming for all 5 seconds of showing me walking along a corridor.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Three times.
Yorshire TV on the local news slot when I was looking for a garage for me limo that I was using in me tour company.

This Morning down in London promoting me tour company Bloodaxe Tours. Tony Curtis sat across the way and wincked at me and smiled. I don't know which of us looked the more stoned.

Granad TV I think. When me and me partner were asked to do a fill in about our personal safety company Dragon Defense Training. Me 5 foot small partner threw twice to the concrete floor as I pretended to be a mugger. Second time she threw me I rolled out of the throw and stood up and bowed. They were most concerned that we declined the use of matting on the floor. lots of big eyes and dropped jaws and pats on the back after we had been on as I recall.

Oh yes I could have been a lovie, powder my nose any day.

:p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question