Votes: 7 9.5%
  • No, I take plenty of care

Votes: 54 73.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We shred everything

EDIT: No that would be weird. We shred all sensitive documents, not literally everything :p

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Phew *wipes forehead* I was just about to hide my eyes! ;)

Reaction score
I've had loads of emails like that from ebay - then my account was hacked into and blocked, so I had no idea what was going on. I had to go onto live help on ebay and prove to them it was my account, then they reinstated it and told me that someone had hacked in and sold things that were 'illegal' on it.

Have also lost money once through paypal - never recieved the thing - luckily only £3!

I do use ebay and the internet to shop almost every day though from many many sites and have very little problems.

Why would I want to go to bloody Virgin or HMV and pay £16.99 for a DVD I could get for a fiver on ebay or amazon??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
natasha1463 said:
thanks for recommending these but I am really not sure what all that stuff means! Is it good? What do I need to get to play games so they are fast? And can someone tell me how to get online, I dont have any idea where to even start.. do I need a phone line?

natasha1463 said:
I've had loads of emails like that from ebay - then my account was hacked into and blocked, so I had no idea what was going on. I had to go onto live help on ebay and prove to them it was my account, then they reinstated it and told me that someone had hacked in and sold things that were 'illegal' on it.

Have also lost money once through paypal - never recieved the thing - luckily only £3!

I do use ebay and the internet to shop almost every day though from many many sites and have very little problems.

Why would I want to go to bloody Virgin or HMV and pay £16.99 for a DVD I could get for a fiver on ebay or amazon??

Something don't add up here.

It's obvious you're quite experienced at being online Miss Natasha, yet you're asking if you need a phone line to use an ISP?

I mean - come on.

Level up gal, we're here to help but don't take the p**s, please.

Reaction score
Now thats not very fair is it!! - I am very experienced on ebay, I use it every day - hence I know what I'm talking about when it comes to hacking thanks!

But, I have NO IDEA what I need to connect a laptop to the internet - why should I?? I don't own one and have never 'owned' my own PC!

I am genuinely asking for help on that and all the other computer jargon that comes with buying a laptop - hence my questions!

So don't be so quick to jump down my throat, please!

Reaction score
hacking or not

natasha1463 said:
Now thats not very fair is it!! - I am very experienced on ebay, I use it every day - hence I know what I'm talking about when it comes to hacking thanks!

But, I have NO IDEA what I need to connect a laptop to the internet - why should I?? I don't own one and have never 'owned' my own PC!

I am genuinely asking for help on that and all the other computer jargon that comes with buying a laptop - hence my questions!
So don't be so quick to jump down my throat, please!
Surely as a hacker, your words not mine, you know what the telephone line is for!!
I'm very experienced to, but i dont brag about it especially not here to others who really do know their stuff. We do sadly get the odd person who ask's for help and when they dont get the help they think they should be getting, throw their teddy out of the pram.

As for the view of floppybootstomp he is a respected user of this forum so his view of your post should be respected, even if you do not agree with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh god, don't be so ridiculous, I didn't say I was a hacker - far from it. Can't you read? I thought u lot were nice at first.

I also don't have to respect anyone's posts that I think are unfair towards me, and rude - as was fluffybootwhatevers post.

If this is a forum for 'little best friends' or whatever - use a general messagboard - I came here for help!

Also, just because I use ebay and can buy with a credit card does not mean I know how set up a laptop for the internet, does it?

Stop being so suspicious and live a little!

Reaction score
natasha1463 said:
I'm only commenting on you post that states "hence i know what i'm talking about when it comes to hacking" Hackers are those who attempt to get in illegaly to other PC's, servers and to disrupt services and spread viruses. We can only comment on what you write.

If you want help in buying a laptop then yes we will help, but if you make statements that make us think you know more and are taking the pee then you should think before you post.

As for living a little, i may be a bit of an IT geek, but i do live a little too.
Now what help do you want on getting a laptop & connecting to the net?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, well I apologise if I did annoy anyone. But I honestly did mean experience as in, being a victim, not the perpatrator, I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

I'm just addicted to ebay, thats all I know about technology I'm afraid!

Since you are asking, I would actually love to know what 'WiFi' is, what is Firewire, and what does 'mobile' mean, as in 'Intel mobile', and what does it actually do? That would be very helpful!

:nod: Thanks

Reaction score
what it all means

natasha1463 said:
Ok, well I apologise if I did annoy anyone. But I honestly did mean experience as in, being a victim, not the perpatrator, I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

I'm just addicted to ebay, thats all I know about technology I'm afraid!

Since you are asking, I would actually love to know what 'WiFi' is, what is Firewire, and what does 'mobile' mean, as in 'Intel mobile', and what does it actually do? That would be very helpful!

nod.gif
Thanks
WiFi means you can use on the go, at a cafe or pub that has a wireless connection.
Firewire is a port to connect devices to, a bit like USB, but faster.
Mobile means you can use it on the go ie: say on a train trip.
Intel Mobile is the chip or cpu, it uses less power than other chips, so the battery life should be longer, useful if using away from a home or from a power socket.

Hope this helps, may be worth buying a copy of "What Laptop" that might guide you through different laptops or go to www.howstuffworks.com or go direct to http://computer.howstuffworks.com/ it's a USA site, but will explain things in more detail & probably better than i can.

If you want anymore help then post back here, good luck
happywave.gif

Reaction score
your explanation was better than that sites actually

I'm afraid I really am that dumb!

Thanks for that :user:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question