have little problem regarding editing Mocrosoft Paint files

Reaction score
First, I wish Happy new year in advance to all the users of this forum. Seasons greeting wherever

you are and prosperity for the coming year.

Please do me some favor to solve a problem. I have little problem regarding editing Mocrosoft Paint files in Windows XP SP2 version. When I try to edit the Image folders (those containing jpg, jpeg, gif, bitmap formats) by right cicking the mouse then I get the following ERROR MESSAGE:-

"This File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder options control panel."

I have strong Anti virus protection and my PC system has not been crashed so far. However before some days, I performed "clean up" the Window Components. Actually I wanted to let free more disk-space and hence I checked "Accessories and Utilities" components in advance menu of "Disk clean up wizard" applied to all drives (C,D,E,F Drives). I fear that is it lost forever or that's any fault of me to operate it. I really not find a way of getting it back. Please help me to retrieve it.
Does anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Kind regards

Pintu

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have you tried the system restore ???. If not try it first :thumb:

Reaction score
Goto Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, Then tick the Install Accessories option and then click on next and follow the instructions

Ask a Question