Hard Drives

Reaction score
ok my friends got a ?? for yas how can ya tell if a hard drive is going bad ?? is a tool ya can get to find out ? i got a 400 gig hd that has been doing some funny stuff not sure whats wrong with it i dont lose any data what kind of download or tool can i get to test it any help would do thanks

DragonMaster

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What sort of stuff has it been doing? Try running CHKDSK from the run box on the start menu, that should perform some basic checks for you :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Go to the manufacturer's website and download their diagnostic software, most makers supply some.

Then run it, that should show up any probs.

Alternatively, download The Ultimate Boot Disk. That has all disk diagnostic facilities on it.

Reaction score
well when i try to defrag it says to run chkdisk i run it and it finds no errors then i try to defrag again it says the same thing its driving me nuts i just got it a few weeks ago too

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What makes you think there is anything wrong with it?

Reaction score
darn thing was bad got a replacement 400 gig is hard to find now all i need is 250 gig more to max out my system they way i want it

Ask a Question