Hard drive problem

Reaction score
I recently went on vacation and when I returned one of my hard drives was not detected and showing up in Windows Explorer when I first restarted the system after about 10 days.
I went into Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management where I was able to see a drive but it was flagged as Dynamic Foreign.
I don't know what would cause this to happen but was wondering is there some sort of diagnostic program that I could use to see what action I might take to restore this drive? I know that some programs that claim to be able to convert a dynamic disk back to basic without losing data, but I am hesitant to try for fear of losing the data on the disk

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Theres always the risk of losing data no matter what the program you use says - so I suggest you make a backup of the data first.

Then use a free program like Easus Partition Master Home to convert back to a basic disc.

Ask a Question