Windows XP Hard Disk not Detected on XP Installation

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got a new laptop for college and I'm trying to reinstall windows XP Professional onto it because it came with Windows Vista but I don't like Vista. Anyway, I've installed XP on other computers before and I've never had any problems until now. You see, when I put the boot disc into the laptop, everything is loaded and fine until I actually try to install the windows XP because then I receive an error message that says that the Hard Disk is not detected.

I know that the problem may be due to missing drivers for SATA or whatever, but I have no idea which drivers I need to put on a floppy disc so that I can load them during the XP installation. Can anyone help?

All of the drivers for the laptop are located here:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=cccfadeekgmjkelcgfkceghdgngdgmn.0

Reaction score
The drivers you require are not listed there..Thise are all Vista drivers..Your Best option would be to contact Toshiba Tech Support for help..

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I bet I know what they are going to say aswell..;)

Oh probably something along the lines of.."The laptop came with Vista installed, we can no longer support you.."

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Xp Pro with SP2 should already have drivers for sata discs.

user.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Xp Pro with SP2 should already have drivers for sata discs.

user.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
To true, why didn't I think of that...?

Edited for Waynos face.....

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

That was me that said to wait until one of the Mods or Madx or Jaling came on, i don't claim that you know everything, just more than me and i was the only one who had posted so far.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Hi,

That was me that said to wait until one of the Mods or Madx or Jaling came on, i don't claim that you know everything, just more than me and i was the only one who had posted so far.

Post has been edited Waynos....lol:wave:

Ask a Question