Hang on "Loading your personal settings"

'Boots'

Hi,

I have XP PRO Patched up and it has been working fine
except suddenly it wont boot past the wallpaper and screen
saying "PLEASE WAIT - Windows is loading your personal
settings" It sat that way all night - I tried F8 and
safe mode, no luck, still hangs at that message.

Also I have been getting an error message lately about a
file from registry replaced by a log file and 'it was
successfull' with no attending info on what it was.

Any ideas?

Sriram.V

Hi

If you have added any new hardware , Please remove it from your computer
and try to go into normal mode or safe mode.
Goto bios and reload default settings and save those settings and restart
the computer into normal mode or safe mode.
Press F8 goto advance option and choose Last known good configuration and
check whether it helps.

If you could go to safe mode by choosing any of these options, Do a system
restore to an earlier time.

If all these doesnt work you have to repair your windows xp by choosing
the repair option using the windows xp cd.

If nothing works you have to re format and reinstall the operating system

Thank you
Sriram.V

(e-mail address removed)