Half Life query

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I'm happily playing HL and getting near the end when the game crashes . I re-load but my saved games for some reason take me way back in the game . I only seem to have 6 save points the earliestof which takes me back to "We have Hostiles" this save never seems to move and abve it I have saves that change as I go on through the game . It seems a bit odd .
Is there any way I can save the saves I have as a backup outside of the game in case it crashes again ?? Much as I love the game I don't want to plough through familiar territory again .

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is that Half Life 1 or Half Life 2? Sounds like HL1 to me.

If so, there should be a folder somewhere in the game's directory or possibly another location where the saved games are stored.

It's also a good idea with some games that don't have regular save points to make a manual save every now and again as usually only two quick saves are stored as saved games.

If that is HL1 btw, there were a helluva lot of patches for that game but in the end I think one final patch addressed all. If you search for Planet Half Life you should be able to download the patch from there or maybe it's at Sierra's site or maybe Steam's, I'm not sure.

If you haven't patched the game, then patching it may solve your crash issue.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Cheers flops , already done the patch . Crash could be me GFX needs a clean or its on its way out . Found the save folder and made a copy , just need to remember to keep updateing it . I'm not going back into the blast pit , oh no , never again .

wallbash.gif
:D

Ask a Question