Had any dealings with these Retailers?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Have a look at PCReview’s list of Retailers and give us your opinions on them.

Got another for our list, then give us your findings of why you like/hate them.

Edit
oops, all fixed. :spin:

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Hey muck ,I cant get the link to work,I thought it was just the net the other day but it still doesnt work,Can you check on it for me?

wildone

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just tried it now, and it seems to be ok... try clicking on the "Retailer Ratings" button on the right menu, see if that works, its the same thing

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Works for me now ,dunno but just because I know how the net is(or at least my net) I gave it a few days ,but all is good now,thanks.

wildone

Reaction score
Hi - Overclockers.co.uk remains unrated - has anybody tried them recently? They have some heatsinks I'm interested in, would value anybodys experience before I tried them out.

Thx :)

Reaction score
Originally posted by Techvillage
Hi - Overclockers.co.uk remains unrated - has anybody tried them recently? They have some heatsinks I'm interested in, would value anybodys experience before I tried them out.

I've used 'em before and they were ok. Delivery came quick, and the prices are *ok*.

Reaction score
Debugsys in Cramlington

To anyone who lives in or around Cramlington, DONT USE DEBUGSYS!

They give totally wrong advice, and sell you the wrong items. I went in for a power supply, because I blew mine by dropping my computer on the floor (dont ask), and needed my PC for coursework.

I described my system, and they pointed out that I had an extra fan and told me that I had overloaded it, and needed a new one. They said that if I needed to run the fan (just a normal 80mm PC fan) I would need another (yes, thats two in total) power supply!

I told them I would just get a 300W AT for now. I then got it home, and what a supprise - a 300W ATX! I cant use this without major dremel action, so I took it back. and they gave me a 240W AT!! grrrrr! I gave up on them. They're definately an emergencies only shop for me. :crazy:

Reaction score
Originally posted by Techvillage

I havent actually tried them, but they have quite a large delivery price for the goods they're selling. I would advise buying in bulk just to make the most of the delivery.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Good advice on both of Hack's posts ... it can be hard finding a local system builder with who knows his stuff.

Once you do find such a little gem, look after him. :D

Reaction score
I just recived an order from www.newegg.com

for a new system i 'm building for my dad(75 years young)

pleased with it all,except,the HD,one wrap, of bubble wrap around it, an the floppy drive,wrapped with it.

USA peeps read here too:D

Reaction score
Moaning about Tiny

My fiancee and her family decided that they wanted to buy a ready built pc (god knows why!) and they did so from Tiny.
It has recently started overheating after they had BT's Home Highway installed for Internet connection, and her little sister Nikki decided that it was cool that she could download 10 songs at a time.

The family dont want anything doing to the computer, as it would void the warrenty, and so have been trying to contact Tiny. They havent even been able to get through on the telephone! The support from them is shocking, and their system is badly designed when thinking about heat

Reaction score
Hi,

There is new company called VigTech.co.uk, they sell lot of good stuff which you could be interested and the price are quite reasonable.

We also offer free of charge of labour for building pc & install softare for you...

We'll try our best to match according to your own specification -

Dont worry about what we have in online store, we can order most parts not a problems...

Thats all i could say, why not give us a try u might be supprise :)

just email us and we'll take care rest of it..

Reaction score
Re: Debugsys in Cramlington

Originally posted by hack
To anyone who lives in or around Cramlington, DONT USE DEBUGSYS!

They give totally wrong advice, and sell you the wrong items. I went in for a power supply, because I blew mine by dropping my computer on the floor (dont ask), and needed my PC for coursework.

I described my system, and they pointed out that I had an extra fan and told me that I had overloaded it, and needed a new one. They said that if I needed to run the fan (just a normal 80mm PC fan) I would need another (yes, thats two in total) power supply!

I told them I would just get a 300W AT for now. I then got it home, and what a supprise - a 300W ATX! I cant use this without major dremel action, so I took it back. and they gave me a 240W AT!! grrrrr! I gave up on them. They're definately an emergencies only shop for me. :crazy:

From my exeprinece, if any supplier who give you any wrong advice, simply dont trust them - because they will waste ur time and money. Just stay away from that person who ever u are dealing with..

Just find next person or supplier whom u can trust...

Reaction score
I can not get on to Victech.co.uk has any one else have problems.

I have used these store in the past all are good and i have never had any problems:-

1.amazon.co.uk
2.scan.co.uk
3.dabs.co.uk
4.overclockers.co.uk
5.ebuyer.co.uk
6.micromart.co.uk

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Originally posted by V-Tech
Hi,

There is new company called VigTech.co.uk, they sell lot of good stuff which you could be interested and the price are quite reasonable.

We also offer free of charge of labour for building pc & install softare for you...

We'll try our best to match according to your own specification -

Dont worry about what we have in online store, we can order most parts not a problems...

Thats all i could say, why not give us a try u might be supprise :)

just email us and we'll take care rest of it..

V-Tech, your post comes very close to being Spam, but as you're supposedly a dealer and I'm feeling good today, we'll leave it be.

Coupla things you may wish to note:

1) Your post composition and spelling don't exactly inspire confidence.

2) www.vigtech.co.uk doesn't appear to exist.

Good luck with your business venture.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Originally posted by darkangel
I can not get on to Victech.co.uk has any one else have problems.

I have used these store in the past all are good and i have never had any problems:-

1.amazon.co.uk
2.scan.co.uk
3.dabs.co.uk
4.overclockers.co.uk
5.ebuyer.co.uk
6.micromart.co.uk

I recently used both Dabs (printer) & Scan (vid card) for the first time ever and I have to say that both provided an excellent service.

I wouldn't touch e-buyer with a ten foot pole after my past experiences with them.

Same goes for redstore, bunch of charlatans they are.

Reaction score
Hi just thought I would add a site which I have used on many occassions.

www.overclock.co.uk

Their delivery is expensive for next day. They use business post who have given me no trouble. They have a next day cut off which is 4.30 pm. I think that is great. They also have a goodrange of goods.

I have used overclockers.co.uk for a hard drive and there were no problems.

Reaction score
I generally had good experiences buying on line.
www.scan.co.uk is very good. I'm always impressed when I use them: order tracking, order status email update, tel. No. to place and check orders. Very very good.:thumb:
Another good one I haven't seen reviewed here is Quality Electrical Direct www.qed-uk.com . I bought quite an expensive Sony Camcoder and I was worried a bit when I placed the order. The site may look a bit "graphically basic" and may need to be updated but the feedback and service was perfect. Never had a problem.:thumb:
The worst experience has been with 7dayshop.co.uk :eek: Probably the fact that they are living on a tiny island is helping their total careless approach to clients. I recently spent more than £200 there on a camera and carefully checked that the price was UK VAT included. I immediately received a confirmation mail and that was it. Unable to track the order, unable to speak to anybody (they don't provide any telephone contact) I decided to use their very slow "Contact us" system to find out something about delivery date. Only automatic impersonal replies. I started faxing them every day till I obtained a reaction: wait and you'll see the parcel will arrive was their answer.:mad: Outrageous! Eight days later I had to go to the Post Office to pick the parcel up. Awfull surprise: Custom charged me £40!!! :mad: I contacted Custom and thay told me that 7dayshop has got open VAT queries with them every day. They tell you that UK VAT is included in the price you pay and then Custom pinch your parcel and charge you again. I don't know what kind of people are around in Guernsey but these are the worst thieves I've ever seen!!! Pointless to tell you that no refund has been done!! Be very carefull if you think they have the lowest prices because somehow they'll find the way to "force" you to pay more!!:(

Last edited:

Ask a Question