Hacker protection

Reaction score
Hi im bricking myself as some guy i know said he's sent a keylogger to my computer and can easily hack my pc is there a software program to stop these type of people doing so? Im using norton anti virus at the moment and sygate anything else would help? Thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
One threads fine thanks, i have deleted the other one. :)

First thing; Nortons is frankly crap. sorry to be blunt but its the truth, although its better than nothing.

Have you scanned your pc to make sure its clean? Try Kaspersky online scanner rather than nortons to check your free of virus' It will also make you feel better. :D

Do you have any Anti Spyware software installed? If so what?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ewido is good for trojans and Keyloggers - use the free trial and give your PC a scan :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed i can. But you need more than one i'm afraid.

First up goto Spyware point and download, install and update the following programs.

A-Squared Free

SpywareBlaster

Microsoft Windows Defender

Then goto the Microsoft Windows Update website to check your OS is up to date.

:):thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No problem, if you do want to get rid of Nortons AV you could replace it with Anti-Vir (Thats what i am running at the mo.)

You may need to use the Norton removal tool to get rid of it compleately Look here

AntiVir is free and a damm sight better than norton, but its up to you. :)

If you do that and all of the above then you should have quite a secure pc. but you'll never be 100% safe.

Reaction score
Of course the big question is, how the hell did he send a keylogger to your machine. And why/what would he gain?

Reaction score
I have no idea maybe he was just bull****ing who knows but i was speaking to him through msn which is maybe possible

Reaction score
I would pretty much guarentee it is BS. Either he's a 12 year old kid trying to prove a point or an idiot.

1. Hackers dont tell you they just do it and maybe mention later or leave a message.

2. To even tell you on MSN is the most stupid thing i've ever heard. All you need is his name and to report him to MSN they will track him down under the Homeland security act if you are in the states or the anti terrorism act elsewhere.

Certainly take all the precautions as you should indeed do anyway, however I would think you are safe. If you are still unsure then contact MSN and inform them of what the situation as I would.

A similiar thing happened to me 18months or so ago in a Lobby used for meeting fellow Ghost recon gamers. They where using mIRC to hack into peoples accounts and causing no end of trouble. The idiots just dont know when to stop. I personally spoke to a good freind of mine who in turn spoke to her good freind (One of the Heads of the UBI UK) within 2 - 3 months or so it was admitted it had gone on enough. The entire game lobby was closed down. Idiots fcked it up for everyone!

Moral, never mess with people you dont know. You may come out worse!

Good luck

Last edited:

Ask a Question