hacked by godzilla

Reaction score
Hi,I am an administrtor of the office with 50 clients and symantec antivirus 10,0,0,359 and i update it everyday .
but there is a problem with one of the clients,on the titlebar of the Internet Explorer there was a text that said "hacked by godzilla".and after days the pc behave very strange ,even copy and past doesnot work! i open many windows but taskbar doesnot show any of them! i disconnect the lan and scan for virus ,but no virus is found! what should I do?

Reaction score
Sounds like the clients profile is now corrupt with this virus?
Do you not run a firewall as it sounds like this one pc has downloaded some nasties or been on a dodgy site!!

Reaction score
I checked it by antivirus but it couldnot find any.even I cannot copy the information .i use ctrl+V but the paste is diable. i cannot have backup the information on C drive so that i can format the drive and reinstall windows.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.asiavista.net/2007/04/21/hacked-by-godzilla-the-cure/

Seems like you were lucky this time , it could have been a real nasty .
Time to have a look at your security methinks .

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi I never read the whole article so I can't help any further . You could try searching the net for further info .

user.gif

Ask a Question