BT/Yahoo Email Hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Sister has had her BT/Yahoo account hacked (like many others).
She has run a AV scan and the Laptop has picked up 6k of nasties!!:eek:
She is changing log in password for her email account as instructed by BT to do.

She also uses her Samsung smart phone to send emails and that seems to have been hacked too.
Can she run AV software on her smartphone?

Any advice would be most welcome.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
you would need a 'naughty app' to get infected on an Android smartie ... Viruses & Anti-Virus don't operate the same way as on a PC because of the root access limitation ... one reason to buy an iApple, or a Blackberry.

I don't have an answer, would advise doing some reading and or asking your phone supplier how to wipe & re-install Android. :(

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My Yahoo email was hacked too a short while ago

It was from within the organisation not outside so don't worry too much as it wasn't anything that you had done..It happens from time to time.
With very large organisations like google, Yahoo etc its inevitable
Yahoo have investigated!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If you use email from one of the major orgs like Google or Yahoo, you should have two step verification enabled, have a very strong password and you should also change the security question from time to time. If you practice these steps on a regular basis you minimise the chances of hacking. Remember no one is immune to these kind of attacks, some are lucky some are not.;)

There are two very good programs for android phones to use

Advanced Mobile Care from iObit
Lookout

I use them on my phone and so far so good.

I assume you are asking for the android phone.

Reaction score
I need a help for recovering my password,my email is ... [removed for your own safety]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question