Guestbook results won't refresh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm setting up a simple guestbook for my family site. I'm using the guestbook template in Frontpage 2003, and it sets up ok, but once published the guestbook entries (form results) don't display. It is correctly saving the form results to the guestlog.html file, and if you open that directly in IE the results are all there. That information doesn't ever seem to diisplay on the main guestbook page, though, even after multiple refreshs. I've tried using meta refresh tags on both the guestbook.html page and the guestlog.html page and it doesn't help. The only way to see guestbook entries made since the last publish is to republish - THEN the include page component seems to correctly refresh the guestbook entries.

This is driving me nuts since the entries are getting into the log ok, but the server just isn't updating the log until I republish the page. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

Ask a Question