Guest Power Scheme

as an admin or user other than guest, one is able to change their power
scheme via the control panel.

in the case of guest, however, access is denied. the value is set to turn
the monitor off after 20 minutes where I would like it to be constantly on.

please advise what to change in the hkey current user powercfg portion of
the registry (or other area of the registry).

thanks in advance.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Grateful said:
as an admin or user other than guest, one is able to change their power
scheme via the control panel.

in the case of guest, however, access is denied. the value is set to turn
the monitor off after 20 minutes where I would like it to be constantly on.

please advise what to change in the hkey current user powercfg portion of
the registry (or other area of the registry).

thanks in advance.
Hi,

In the links below you will find a description on how to configure
a computer to allow non-admins to alter power scheme settings
without being added to the Local Administrators group.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.cs.server/msg/3716dfb73f01161a?hl=en

and

Subject: RE: XP. Rigts to change power schema
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
http://groups.google.co.uk/[email protected]

and
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBN/tip6700/rh6778.htm

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Interesting though...

Although the guest power scheme is not editable (using the GUI, I have not
applied your recommended fix yet) and indicates to power off the monitor
after 20 minutes, ONLY SOMETIMES does this actually happen. Most of the time
the monitor remains on as is the case with the other users power schemes.