GTX 260 stuck

Reaction score
so I've put my pc together and when the power is on all fans spin appart from my graphics card also my screen is showing "no singal"
iv go it slotted in the pci slot and have the 2 6pin power cables plugged in aswell

im using a asus pn5-T deluxe mother board which is nvidia chip set
im using a ocz 800w power supply
and a Asus GTS260 grapics card

im not sure why it's not working

1. it could be that my mother board doesn't support the card, but as far as i read it does and the only reason i can see why it wouldnt is that the mobo is DDR2 and the grfx is GDDR3 but there differnt things soooo.

2. faulty card

3. not enough power but i seriously doubt it

Reaction score
no worries people wiggled the cable sum more fan now going.

although my next thing is to check why my dvi/hdmi cable said there was no input connected. thats fne though cause iv got it running ok with rgb and dvi converter

Reaction score
Wiggled the cable and it worked?

Hmmm make sure you dont have a faulty connector mate

Those cards pull a fair amount of juice away from PSU during heavy usage so if the power cable aint a nice snug fit and comes lose at time it may arc and cause damage to your GFX card and other things

Reaction score
sorry should have been a more clear. was in a bit of a rush when replying(wanted to get back to my new machine) It wasnt just a wee wiggle i took the pci power cables out matched the 2 that had the same coloured cables then plugged them in, took it out of the pci slot and put it back in doubled and tripple checked the connections and that worked.

sorry if i wasted your time

macca

Ask a Question