Grumpy musician need help making his hardware work again!-dmp files included

Reaction score
Concerning: E-MU 1820 SOundcard.

System: Pentium 2.8GHz duel core, 2gb ram

Recently,my outboard box (The preamp section to my E-MU 1820 soundcard) started to play up and occasionally fail to startup. This was resolved with a simple un-install/re-install.
Howver it got more and more common over the last few days, until every time i started my computer the computer would reboot whenever it got to the point where the outboard box for the 1820 would normally initialize..i would have to go into safe mode, uninstall the hardware, restart and then reinstall(I have tried the downloadable drivers from your site and these do not make any differnce as to the original packaged ones) and restart(This morning).Now,it will not start at all, with the hardware installed..whenever the outbpoard box attempts to initialize, it restarts.
Several times as well, i have encounterred blue screen crashes during the reinstallation of the drivers and am told that windows must restart to prevent damage to the system and since these mid install crashes i am also getting a message upon startup announcing "The applkication DLL C:/windows/system32/CTDPROXY.dll is not a valid windows image"

Device manager informs me that the "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host controller" in PCI Slot 2- where the 1820 card is, cannot start(Code 10)(I presume this is the connection to the outboard box?)
And that the Multimedia Audio controller in PCI slot 2 is not configured correctly(Code1)
Startup of windows, continues to anounce it has found the hardware E-MU E-DSP Audio processor(WDM) but as i say, will crash every time i try and install, via windows or via your own setup.

I suspect, there may be prolems involving the dll files for the equipment, but i am unsure which it is involved with and how precisly these can be replaced.
Originally when this problem began, the audio card was fine and "Patchmix DSP" continued to load hapilly, but simply reported that the outboard box was not responding, putting all of the associated channels as red.
The wire connection remains in a good condition, free from defects.

I have tried using system restore to points well previous to any sign of this trouble (my earliest available was August 31st) and this has no effect on the issue.

I was unsure of exactly what i should be able to tell you, but feel free to pose queries and i will do my best to answer them.

I included a *.dmp file, though have had to rename it DOTDMP.txt ..if ur capable of reading one of these files at all, im sure you can work out what ive done here!

Thanks alot guys.

Attachments

• Mini103007-06DOTDMP.txt
    88 KB · Views: 194
Reaction score
Im not really sure what to suggest mate.

Maybe the system needs a good cleanout to start with?

Try ccleaner at www.ccleaner.com first see if it picks any Crap as it so is called

Let us know how you get on?

Other my know of other solutions but it does seem like some files are corrupted somewhere?

Reaction score

indeed.
I have trawled through through the registry by hand, erasing all existence of my hardware...
This got rid of the problem of upon startup windows telling me "the application dll ctdproxy.dll is not a valid windows..." which clearly occoured after to many re-installations, the registry just got confused.
and now it would appear happy to startup, so long as the outboard box is no longer plugged into the soundcard.

Even after completly erasing its existence and reinstalling, it still fails to work.

I havea valid windows serial number, but no installation cd..
if it comes to a complete reinstallation, do you know where i can get a copy, without buying a wholke new serial?

Ask a Question